• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Going to the Cotton Bowl against Oklahoma

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
and Pitts won't play because he's preparing for the NFL.
Geez. Here it’ll be—right up the road from me...the same “weird set of circumstances” that brought it CLOSE, within range, price and (from what quiet preliminary phone calls to certain local “contacts” whom have made certain backroom boasts in the past have said on the phone today) likely accessible for ME to purchase SEATS for have ALSO SOMEWHAT IRONICALLY cast a shadow over the whole idea of me even WANTING TO DO SO: At the moment, so far at least I have VERY LITTLE INTEREST IN DOING SO—and taking the idea of witnessing the “KYLE-TO-KYLE CONNECTION LIVE” off-the-table does NOTHING to excite or restore that interest EITHER!
Ah well—what ELSE is new??!
Everything ELSE about this oh-so-promising season was stolen from us along the way...why not THAT as well???
At the moment, the ONLY “idea of interest” worth discussing that strikes me concerns how we feel about our future, our Defense, and what if ANY changes we shall or SHOULD MAKE in that regard...
The Cotton Bowl holds little meaning nor sheds any real light on where we are or where we are headed as a PROGRAM from here now.
Whatever larger context is revealed in whatever play, whatever events and/or resulting activities and/or discussion that ensues—THAT, what develops and is revealed as to our future and what we are able to do to carry on, continue our march towards further success, THAT is our only meaningful goal.
It may sound a little hollow now—but otherwise, WTH was it all FOR??!

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I don't blame Pitts missing out. It's not really a reason to stay. Yes, the Cotton Bowl is a New Year's Six Bowl but it's not the playoffs (well not for this season).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't blame Pitts missing out. It's not really a reason to stay. Yes, the Cotton Bowl is a New Year's Six Bowl but it's not the playoffs (well not for this season).
Naw—me either...but in a situation where it was at best borderline whether I would in fact decide to treat myself (alone with the local Gator-alumni group, and/or in company WITH a (girl-) friend) to actually seeing it in-person, I fear not getting to see “Kyle-to-Kyle LIVE” in-PERSON may well be the “final straw” I didn’t really need, ya know? Which, when you factor in how isolated we’ve ALL been and how LITTLE excuse I should have needed to SEND me on that trip (even WITH the risks of traveling...I know better, but I was still CONSIDERING the trip—Even the Austin Gator Alumni Fan Club has backed away from a larger, formal presence that of course NORMALLY would have been “pro forma”; they are NOW recommending those who care to attend contact them for contacts and help in connecting smaller groups traveling separately but having access to seats among other Gator fans in the Cotton Bowl...
No, all in all I believe I will be responsible and safe and NOT be traveling up to Big D for this rather disappointingly “weak denouement” to the 2020 season. It IS an “interesting enough matchup” to at least BEGIN to watch, though, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema