• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators Lose Again

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The 2008-2009 Gator men's basketball season is starting to look a lot like last year's. They started out hot as hell and are absolutely crumbling down the stretch. The Gators lost another SEC game yesterday, this time at home against the Tennessee Volunteers. The Gators are now 21-8 overall and 8-6 in the SEC.

Some experts think the Gators need 9 SEC wins to make the NCAA Tourney. If they have plans on getting in with 9 wins, one of them better be against Kentucky. With the way the Gators are playing right now, I can't see any Selection Committee Members voting them in. If the Gators lose their next two games, their only shot at a Tourney birth will be if they win the SEC Conference Tournament.

Time and time again we hear that this team plays with no heart... no motivation. Well, Billy Donovan addressed this issue with the media today. Here's what he said:
<blockquote>"Just our guys understanding that we have been through this before, playing a whole possession together on offense and defense. Being able to overcome adversity I think for our younger guys it is very easy for when things are going well to feel good but I also think that sometimes you hold together as a team when you go through those difficult stretches in the game. Motivation for those guys, what it comes down to for me is their commitment. If they are trying, I tell them you are supposed to try. It's the commitment of the five guys on the floor that I am not going to break down, they have to be reliable and do it. I think they are trying to come together as a team, I think they are trying to do that but we still need to get better at it."</blockquote>
Florida will travel to Starkville on Wednesday for a 8 p.m. tip against Mississippi State. The Gators' regular-season finale will be a nationally-televised game (CBS) against Kentucky on Saturday at 2 p.m.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema