• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators in Training Camp

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
Hey all,

Wanted to let you know that my beloved Blue Bombers have two Gators in training camp. I was out at training camp yesterday wearing my Gators hoodie (and my Bombers stuff, don't worry), and tried to see if either would look my way for a friendly Gator chomp. No such luck.

Dustin Doe (LB) is back for another year. He spent last year on the practice roster, mostly. Apparently, he's had a good camp, but he's in tough against a really strong linebacking corps that headlined the best defense in the league.

Eric Wilbur (P/K) is a new sign, though he was in the CFL last year. He's got a strong leg, but there are some concerns about consistency. He's in a tough spot too, due to his passport. See, teams have to field a certain number of non-import players (anyone who isn't an American) at all times. That means that if he wants to take the spot of a Canadian (the two incumbents) he's going to have to do both jobs perfectly.

Preseason starts this week, so we'll see what cuts happen. I'll keep you apprised, and when the season gets going, I'll post my annual "SEC players in the CFL" list.

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
Hey, I don't mind pretending anyone cares about the CFL. :p

FWIW, Wilbur did very well tonight, but so did the two Canadian kickers. This one is going to go to next week's preseason for sure. He hit some nice FGs and punted well.

Dustin Doe was interviewed about playing, and about his time at UF. Said some cool things about Tebow. He was not a presence in this game, but he didn't mess anything up.

Auburn alumnus Demond Washington was an absolute beast.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I actually enjoy the CFL. I just moved to California, where they simply do not show CFL games anywhere. Back when I lived in Texas, I was able to catch a few games on TV.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema