• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators in the USFL

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Tampa Bay Bandits

- Adam Shuler 0 DE West Virginia/ Florida

Houston Gamblers

- Mark Thompson 7 RB Dodge City CC/ Florida
- Nick Buchanan 66 OL Florida

Michigan Panthers

- Joseph Putu 14 CB Florida

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What do y'all really think of the play in the USFL so far? I mean, in order for non-gambmers to be wooed towards a spring pro-football-watching habit, you'd think it would take SOME combination of standard in rules, talent, and advancement in scheming of some kind in order for it to be successful. Personally, thus far I can't say it's been a standout product. And there appear to be just two franchises showing any real signs of life: New Jersey Generals and Birmingbam Stallions.
You're of course right to focus on the undrafted college grads who are signing on--they are the "secret weapon" by which teams might attract regional interest...but I suspect it'd take some wealthy owners waving money and a shot at local endorsement opportunities to attract some higher profile kids and really get that kind of "BUZZ" going before this league will do anything but peter out after a coupla seasons.
Or am I missing something? I could be completely wrong--Maybe I'm just not GETTING IT. Perhaps this thing can survive perfectly well as a sort of "post-graduate developmental league". (Maybe it will work out better in the long run here in Spring/Summer than it did in Europe.)