• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators Host Miss. State Bulldogs For Homecoming

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The struggling Gators (4-2, 2-2 in the SEC) host the Mississippi State Bulldogs (4-2, 1-2 in the SEC) this Saturday in the Swamp. The game is at 7:00 PM EST and will air on ESPNU - Florida is a 7.5 favorite, despite losing their past two games. I'm not going to say this is a "must win" for the Gators because it's an SEC West opponent, but I'll say its a "really really need this win" type of game. A win here will set the Gators back on the right path as they move into a bye next week.

Florida is currently second in the SEC East behind 2-1 South Carolina. The Gamecocks are riding high after their big win to Alabama and will probably continue to win until they face the Gators in mid November. The Gators need to win from here on our if they want to have a chance in the SEC Championship Game, that includes a win Saturday in the Swamp.

Mississippi State is coached by former Gator offensive coordinator - a guy a lot of Florida fans desperately wish they still had on the sidelines here. The Bulldogs are having a pretty good season, but I don't expect them to have any chance in Gainesville, especially on Homecoming weekend. UF is 63-20-2 all-time in Homecoming games and have an active streak of 21 consecutive victories on Homecoming weekend.

Urban Meyer's plan for victory includes:
- Playing great defense
- Scoring in the red zone
- Win the turnover battle
- Win the kicking game

I think turnovers in this game will be huge. The Gators need to force the Bulldogs into making mistakes throwing the ball. We need be aggressive and show killer instinct. I want to see sacks, big hits and forced fumbles. The Gators need to give their fans a reason to cheer again -- a reason to be excited for this team.

I've picked the Gators to win every game this year and I'm not going to change that now. I'm thinking we'll be tied like 14-14 at halftime, but win 31-17 at the end.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema