• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Softball

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Man, I had no idea how good the Gator softball team is. Didn't realize it, but they're ranked #1 in two of the major polls and have a 59-2 record!

hahaah my dad said the same thing yesterday. Every baseball game we go to, they announce the softball teams score on the speaker.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Coach Meyer mentioned our women's softball team in his speech last night at the Gator Gathering. Looks like the coaching change they made has definitely made a difference as far as their program goes. It would be nice to see another National Championship come to Gainesville, and it's about time we saw one in women's sports - the last time. I believe, was in women's soccer in the late 90's.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Just saw today at gatorsports.com that our Gator women beat Cal in the Super Regional; let's hope they make it to the Softball College World Series this year!

sbq80

VIP Member
The fact that they beat Cal saya a lot.
NCAA D1 softball runs through the west coast pipeline (UofA, UCLA & Cal)
They also got a sweet bracket so look for them to be in it for a while, if not win it.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I watched our Gators play UCLA last night on ESPN; they got off to a 1-0 start and held on to win 2-0. They beat the Hokies (and the best college softball player) earlier yesterday for 2 wins and stayed alive in the WCWS. Today we play Texas A&M; let's hope we're back on track and can get to the final game. I have a feeling they're not going down without a fight and can win it all if they want it bad enough.

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!

lilChomp

VIP Member
That was a rough game last night. I caught the end of it on ESPN, unaware that 9 innings was "extra". The Gator pitcher got rocked at the end... our girls couldn't do it.

That double play killed us.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
That was a rough game last night. I caught the end of it on ESPN, unaware that 9 innings was "extra". The Gator pitcher got rocked at the end... our girls couldn't do it.

That double play killed us.

What made that double play worse was that we had the bases loaded and had that ball been hit a little harder and dropped in the field we could have been on the board. It was a letdown (and I won't repeat what I had said after it happened), but it wasn't meant to be - in spite of the loss, for our team to do as well as they did in their first-ever WCWS was an accomplishment on their part. They had a great season and have nothing to be ashamed of. :gator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema