• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Gameday 10/29/2016: World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party (River City Showdown)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party (River City Showdown)
Saturday, October 29, 2016, 3:30 P.M. From EverBank Field "The Gator Bowl" in Jacksonville FL.

The media wants us to refer to "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" as the River City Showdown, but it will always be the WLOCP to me.

The #12. Florida Gators (5-1 Overall, 3-1 SEC East) are coming off a bye week that followed a 40-14 beatdown of the Missouri Tigers. The Georgia Bulldogs (4-3 Overall, 2-3 SEC East) are coming off a 16-17 loss to SEC East powerhouse Vanderbilt.

The Gators open as 7.5 point favorites with an over/under of 43 points.

I think the Gators will not cover the spread, and you should take the over on points: Gators 24, Poodles 21.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Groan...Well, we seem to be driving back down, albeit in somewhat sputtering fashion. But Luke basically handed them 3 pts and encouragement/energy early.
Aw, c'MON, O-line. Lets GO, Gators!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We have GOT to have a better, more imaginitive offensive gameplan.
"Get it down in their end and hope the D can score" is NOT gonna get it done, week end/week out. And it absolutely sucks to watch!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
As to your predictions, you realize we have basically negated that 3-pt "lead" in your score already.
No, I believe we'll have to BURY them to win this. I think we lose a close one.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
GEEZ--Calloway has been doing things like that lately. We are LUCKY--He was seing his "sprint towards paydirt" and didn't put tue ball away, brace himself first.
That, plius these endless false starts, will KILL us, week after week.
And now we play a "field position game"??? No: Either we go out and WIN this thing, from start to finish, or we lose that "close one" I'm praying we AREN'T playing for.
(Gonna lose the appeal here, I think--'cause the ruling was incomplete...Shouldn't have been, one official called it complete but was overruled on field; actually a great catch).
NO! Our ball at 20 yd line!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Terrible throw. DelRio looks like shit much of the time so far.
...But he breaks the tackle short and heads in!! Alright!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, hasn't been pretty--but despite an at best choppy offense, full of penalties, poor line play and inconsistent qb play, we have the lead as the 1st qrtr ends. Whew.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes! Sack. Now if we can just keep up OFFENSIVE pressure, maybe get a coupla turnovers and short-fields courtesy of our D, we can get this done. The fact that the O HAS played so up'n'down and we still seem to be taking control may be a sign of good things ahead...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aw hell--how does that HAPPEN? Where's the pressure? D broke down--and now the face guard call. Our D is now in catch-up mode...We are in a fight, and as I say, I think we lose a close one.
GOTTA find some quick strike capability, score in bunches again.
Damn. We are in trouble, my friends

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are a talented team with some glaring weaknesses on key squads, discipline AND general emotional state.
I thought our "reality check" would likeliest come on Nov 19--but unfortunately, my fear of the possibility it could come today is coming to fruition.
Bulldogs playing "high" right now, BELIEVE they can, are and WILL be beating us today.
We have GOT to take this one back right now--if only to have a CHANCE to adapt and take it in the 2nd half, for a change.
But we aren't getting it done so far, obviously.
Up to our D, again. They are gonna get tired after the break again too, at this rate. But it's the inly hope right now: Defense has to keep us in this, keep us close and with short-fields when O does get ball.
Sigh. TWO WEEKS our OC had, and we're back in the same deal again.
Gotta make a complete change in offense, I think. Mac could, maybe SHOULD do it?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
C'mon special teams...NO! Dumbass gives back 15 precious yards, no reason but stupidity. We can't afford the yardage OR its timing, over and over again.
I find it really hard to watch this Gators team...Not JUST the offense--but of course that's consistently the worst of it,
I'm almost at the "can't stand this crap" stage already in this one, and it HASN'T manifested on the scoreboard really--not YET...But another bad read by Del Rio--he had open guy in flat with open field in front of him, but didn't even look his way.
Look, bad days are coming this season eventually anyway: We shoulda/woulda/coulda won this one easily on talent alone with execution of a proper gameplan--but tjis team as presently composed and coached was gonna get beat at least a coupla more times afylter this game ANYWAY, it's obvious.
Mac is building a promising team, but if he doesn't shake up his staff hit a homer in recruiting this and next year, he may not get the chance to reap the benefits.
I can't watch this much longer. We are once again playing to "hope our D can find a say to score and win"...This "strategy" of hoping we can nip them thanks to field-position is just gutless, and disheartens our OWN team. TERRIBLE o-line play, terrible offense generally. So why NOT "throw it to the house"? Doesn't seem like there's any flow to their drives, even when they DO move the ball.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, questionable flag HELPS us for a change...Can we SCORE???
I don't know. I feel like half the time it feels/looks like the OC calls plays with one of those spinning arrows you flick with a finger, you know? "Throw it short? No. Run it wide? Yes!"
We're back ahead, but I don't feel it's a "formula for victory"...
What do y'all think?
THEY are coming after our D in the 2nd half, they to tire 'em out. What do we do to adapt and respond? This is NOT the kind of game we win right now--Gonna HAVE to score some points in a bunch at some point, put pressure on them, force them to press, play into OUR defense's hands.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oof! We got luckly at THEIR ineptitude there! Extremely fortunate their O no better than ours, really...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another drop by an open UGA receiver breaking free. Well, they'll come back to BOTH those plays in the second half.
If we're not ready for em it'll be OUR bad.
Now Scarlett drops one for is.
Geez, these offenses are weak.
Just a parade of poor performances here.
Only way we are ahead is those short fields--can we even DRIVE a full field.
Go long--then turn it over to our D when that fails.
I cannot STAND our supposed offense--and its that grabbag mentality that is the reason.
Well, it'll be up to our D to hold things together to the half now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema