• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Fans Everywhere

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
There aren't a tonne of us up in my city, so when I share this, bear that in mind.

I was standing at a bus stop and a dude pulls into the bus lane, rolls down his window, honks, and shouts, "Yeaaaaaah!!! Florida!! That's what I'm [expletive deleted] talking about! Go Gators!!!" And he continued to honk happily and then drove off.

Weird.

Got me to thinking: Where is the weirdest/least likely place you've gotten a "Go Gators?"

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
  1. Seoul, Republic of Korea.
  2. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
  3. Bagram, Afghanistan.
  4. Los Angeles, California.
  5. Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
Sydney, Australia
Cape Town, South Africa
Bergen, Norway
San Francisco, Ca. <= big group there

awebbf5

VIP Member
Two weeks ago for me. I was drinking a cup of coffee out of my gators coffee cup. Inmate walks up says Mr.Webb you a gators fan , I replied diehard. He said me too I graduated there in 88( I think was the year he said) he said Brent pease play calling is horrible. I'm like damn even this inmate knows the problem lol. We chatted for a few moments about the gators then as he walked away he said go gators lol.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
There aren't a tonne of us up in my city, so when I share this, bear that in mind.

I was standing at a bus stop and a dude pulls into the bus lane, rolls down his window, honks, and shouts, "Yeaaaaaah!!! Florida!! That's what I'm [expletive deleted] talking about! Go Gators!!!" And he continued to honk happily and then drove off.

Weird.

Got me to thinking: Where is the weirdest/least likely place you've gotten a "Go Gators?"
Great Q, all around, FG...and MY answer?
=A brothel in Bangkok, Thailand, many years ago...no sh*t. (Hey, I was young, a soldier, and on R'n'R in the middle of, well, never mind all THAT...)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Yeah, me too. Gators swimming in crimson colored waters. GG!
I think the difference is that most of the Gators in Huntsville actually graduated from UF as engineers and program managers supporting NASA and the military. The Tide fans in that area still live in trailer parks and work at Krystal's.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
I just got a "Go Gators" from an audiologist last week, and sure enough saw the UF degree above her desk.

on a side note, I have the hearing of a 80 yr old thanks to the M119A2 howitzer lol.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I like to think MINE was more the result of subsequent years in front of rock'n'roll PAs--but those years around helicopters and heavy ordinance can't have helped.

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
My friend was in Florida for a collegiate soccer tournament and needed to buy a hoodie. He saw a deeply discounted rack, and grabbed a Florida State. He was out with his team, wearing the hoodie, and an old lady came up to him, touched his arm, and looked him intently in the eye and said, "Go Gators!"

He had no idea what was going on at first, since he just needed a cheap hoodie. :) Then he realised what he was wearing and had to tell me when he got back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema