• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator coaches did "a super job" visiting Jernigan

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, but I've been hearing about his supposed "lean" toward SOW for months now...glad we're still in it, but don't get your hopes up too high...

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Nice to see we are making progress with him after Meyer left. I would love to get him, he and Floyd lined up at DT in the near future??? go ahead, try to run the ball up the middle.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Look, it comes down to this:
We need to get at least a couple of these D-line prospects down the stretch, I'm hoping maybe one of the high-rated big'n'fast DE's and one or two of the tackles and we can breathe a sigh of relief, go into '11 with some hope and confidence and call ourselves lucky. Anything MORE than that to go with the early commits we manage to hold onto will be a bonus--maybe even enough to shore up the gaps we otherwise are sure to face on BOTH lines, in terms of depth at the least.
We DO have some good ones (like Floyd) coming along already, but the lines (both O- and D-) need time, work, practice and experience together to become the kinds of interdependent, snap-functioning units that dominate the flow of the game and allow all the rest to GET IT DONE. Ideally, we'll eventually have multiple flexible components on both squads that can be cycled in and out of the game as circumstances dictate, but it may take one more class after this one to get there--we'd have to get practically everyone we're going after to have the raw materials on hand to begin putting that all together THIS time! More likely we'll be "good and getting better", but still just thin enough for injury and attrition to leave us vulnerable late in some games, maybe get us beat. We'll be that much closer though, in every way, and that NEXT recruiting class will help make us world-beaters in 2012. That's how I see it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema