• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Basketball at Kentucky

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The Florida Gator men's basketball team (19-4) is traveling to Lexington, Kentucky for a game tonight with the Kentucky Wildcats (16-7). The Gators may have a better overall and SEC record then the Wildcats, but don't let that fool you. Kentucky is a strong team that can put up points, especially on their home court.

"Both teams have had a week off and I'm sure this time of year, from our perspective of trying to get back physically, just to heal some bumps and bruises…the last 15 days have been a very emotional 15 days getting to the half way point of our league and we got a chance to take a couple of days off. I thought we had some days in practice where we were able to improve and focus on some things and maybe add some new things in. The same could probably be said for Kentucky. Going into this off week they had an opportunity to certainly get healed, get healthier and also work and try to improve on some things. Going into this game on the road, it is always a tough place to play. It will be a great environment and a great challenge for our team."

The two players the Gators need to stop on Kentucky are Jodie Meeks and Patrick Patterson. Meeks is averaging 25.1 ppg and Patterson (18.3 ppg) is a dominant force down low. "I don't know if anyone per se has ever handled him down low. He is one of the better frontcourt players in our league. He is a tremendous tough guy who is very physical.  I don't think you can play him with one person."

Florida fans can't realistically expect the Gators to win this game, but it sure would be nice if we did. Going into Kentucky and beating the Wildcats would boost the opinion of the pollsters and help solidify an NCAA birth for the Gators. Even with a loss tonight, the Gators still have revenge on the final game of year when the Wildcats come to the O'Dome.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema