• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday: Week Zero

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gonna keep it simple here, at least to start:
Here we are, alone among major college football programs in America, facing our once-upon-a-time annual opener against our downstate rival, The University of Miami--renewing that opening-game rivalry in this, a season that has been (somehow) deemed "The 150th Anniversary of College Football"...
All alone, the focus of every mad fool who cheers and BLEEDS for "our school", whether alumnus, townie, or WHATEVER the connection that first drew us to them.
If only for that soul, isolated focus, our two teams, programs, schools and traditions alone on that stage, this is HUGE. You really can't overstate it.
Fortunately, I don't even have to try. And I won't.
Here we go. You all know what's on the line, where we're at and what's ahead, all that's at stake--not just in this game but for the season it so dramatically begins here for us.
I can't even begin to SAY how bad I want this one, and I KNOW I am far from alone.
So here and now we'll just say "Go GATORS!!!", listen to SS here and try to enjoy all the pageantry that will follow leading up to kickoff later. For now I just wanna somehow relax and GET there. Beyond that, well, we love and support our team, our school: We wish our guys nothing but joy and good fortune, above all health and composure on and OFF the field.
Let's TAKE this one, Gators! Let's stick together, no matter what, and be PROUD of a deserved outcome!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I AM "monitoring" our site here, checking to see if there is any "surge" in attendance as kickoff approaches...
Clearly there hasn't BEEN anything along those lines as of yet; I'm fairly certain we'll at least "bump into" a few of the "usual suspects" here by 7pm Eastern...
Anyway, I'LL be here, and will hang in, to gloat and/or commiserate with y'all as the case may be once proceedings get under way.
How do y'all feel going into this one, now that it's close and we're about to get an actual real world demo? Is confidence holding, or more and more worrisome now?
It's HARD to carry a swagger at this point: there's just so much we DON'T know yet. But I'll tell you this: The more loud boasting that drifts our way from "da eww people", the more hardened MY position, my determined desire to stick it back down their THROATS becomes.
Yeah, we may be nervous and a little subdued at this point, but if you're like me, you want this one BAD ALL THE MORE!
I'm just gonna leave it there until kick off.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just over 15 minutes til kickoff. Between that obnoxious screamer they've got piped through the PA system there at Campers World (Who thought THIS was a good way to get things going?!!), and the shallow, mealy-mouthed cliches that're being passed off as "commentary" coming from this particular ESPN "Gameday" crew, I'm ALREADY looking into turning DOWN the TV sound and hoping to replace it with the UF hometown radio broadcast. No matter what, so far I am inclined to hunker down alone here and just "WAIT AND SEE".
HERE WE GO, GATORS! It is time to do OUR "talking" on the field. Clamp down on the foolish penalties (leave THAT crap to "Thug U"!), stay composed, and play within yourselves. The rest will take care of itself.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh oh. They better come up with an answer to this play-action passing game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
All in all, I figure we just weathered their "best shot"--and got out of a deteriorating situation by toughening up and only surrendering the fg.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema