• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameday 09/10/16 Gators vs Wildcats

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This ones starts 3:30pm Eastern, in the Swamp of course.
As I've said elsewhere, not just recently but on a yearly basis for 2 or 3 years now, sooner or later we WILL lose one of these.
Not this time, I don't think, tho'. Yes, KY is getting better and better, especially on offense at this point--result of real improvement and consistency in their coaching, in turn bringing in better n better athletes. BUT...
But ours outclass theirs on both counts, on the sidelines AND on the field: We SHOULDN'T lose to 'em, not yet, and not at home. Don't go by last week: That was an across-the-board (with a handful of exceptions) FLAT performance by a team missing its longball passing weapons AND running a vanilla offense all the way.
Now, if/when we DO lose one of these, it'll because we come out arrogant, lackadaisical, over-confident against a KY team hungrier than us.
Here tho', I think we might even THANK the confused and distracted forces that produce those early season polls, in this case the "Top 25 Beauty Pageant" that DROPPED us outta there entirely: Our coaching staff should be able to do a lot with that AND a team with all its pieces coming back together with a resulting chip on its collective shoulder, the D and both lines with a week under their belts AND a full, use-what-we-got game plan. I see us pulling away in the 2nd half.
Here's hoping...
Go GATORS!!! Eat'em UP!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So: 3 min in and we've already stopped ourselves AND missed the fg-consolation-pts (unusual for Pinero--JUST wide left)...
Comin' up empty a bad habit end of LAST year--that is what started lookin' like the Muschamp teams those last 3 games...
OK, INT time...
OK punt tk
When does this Gator edition start LOOKN like a well-coached team???

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We just don't have chemistry in passing game yet. Gotta happen.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Off topic here during Stoops KY timeout:
Weird for me here with pad am streaming game live--meanwhile radio ESPN on SERIUS is coupla secs AHEAD of online video...must be way lagged)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nice--converts 3rd and long.
We are imposing ourselves on them. Time to cash it IN already

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Domimating line of scrimmage...lets take it IN. Down to the 3, on the GROUND...TD!
Power Drive. Line looks like its comin' ON...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We have a fine stable of runners, clearly, all kinds of upside (if still mostly untapped) at receiver, and a coupla good QBs who seem to complement each other.
Way I see it, this would be a good day/opponent to work out kinks in our med-to-long passing game. And we still got a kid who's sposed to be "can't miss" in the WR depth chart, still to work his way in.
INT at midfield! What? Pass Interference? KY guy pushed HIM...no. INT counts--blocking foul on return. Gotta eliminate those (2nd or 3rd already here today).
THERE IT IS! Rainbow to Calloway. TD at 70+ yds on 1st play after INT! Here we go.
Really NICE pass, too.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Tuning up for Tennessee now.
Sigh. Keep pedal to metal, guys. Let 2nd n 3rd teamers have some fun in 2nd half.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--we left some pts on the field (AGAIN). And we let em escape from their end there at end of 1st qrtr...Look: We outclass this UK team, no doubt about it...but we need to convince THEM of that. They still think they can beat us. Its their only chance now, that brave belief. Good teams close teams like this, in games like this, OUT.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
By the time any of my gameday bro's find time to come by and find us here, this one SHOULD be over. Hope you're watching it at least: We've seen the worst (scorus interuptus) to start--and the best (on run O, long passing game, AND D) ever since.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, we let em stick us deep in our own end here...like a scrimmage set-up--one that we are not handling particularly well.(hey replay shows receiver MADE that catch on 2nd dow, got his foot down in bounds after catch...wouldn't be a 1st dn, but be a lot closer, and more room if we punt...Aha! Got the call on the replay)
OK 3rd n 4 and some...Runs for 1st!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That shoulda been a catch, right thru Calloway's hands...yeah, high hard n fast, but these receivers gotta get used to that...
Shit!!! Receiver bobbles shoilda-been-caught---right into INT at our 25. They get handed a chance back IN this right when we were bout to take this OVER. DAMN.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
See? This is what shows how young we still are: Can't STAND success for very long.
OK Lets hold to fg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
3rd and 11 deep in our end. If they gamble maybe we can INT it...incompleye on quick throw. They WANTED chance at some pts here.
Its up...its NO GOOD.
NO HARM DONE. Whew. This IS our day.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You know, I'm sorta aggressive in such cases, but right here, I'd let the kid try another rainbow, 1st play from wherever we get the ball. We can prob run out the qrtr on a long ground-it-out drive to burn rest of half--but I just think it's there if we want it--and we need to establish that POSSIBILITY for our future opponents.
LOOKS like our coach's are going for balance--get both outta this. Working nicely, so what do I know? Hey, happy to defer to what's turning out to be the best hire we could have made by FAR (finally!).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nice thought on swing pass--but gotta be perfect throw for rb to have a chance of holding on. We come up short--here comes Eddie again...54 YARDER? GOOD! Happy guy, too--great kick, great kid.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, this is coming out pretty well according-to-Drew, gotta say...I had "21-3" at half in the Austin Gator Alumni "1st Half Pick The Score" we have every game.
And then I got "Gators goin' away in 2nd half" for my overall gameday analysis.
Bullshit call there against us. Now over midfield on trickplay after penalty. At our 39. Almost picked off on pass. Lets SHUT EM DOWN here...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Picked off!!! INT when OUR guy (Tabor) got in and got their screen pass! Very nice.
End of short term threat.
"You can't SCORE on us". And only WE seem to be able to stop US here.
(Lol I'm here at Barton Spgs, me n gf got a cooler full of wine beer n food, swimming in Barton Creek at Springs' spilleay, I'm watchn game on my pad n doin' THIS on my phone--Rainbow thdow, 1st n goal inside the 10!!! More "startling whooping from the guy in the cut-off Gator shirt"!!!
I like this Del Rio kid a WHOLE lot--we finally appear to have a kid who can make all the throws, IN the game, and knows when to do what...Now they're "reviewing" pass catch...can't see how they can overrule this one--but looks like they are. More bs--some "fine print" interpretation...Powell CAUGHT that thing, GREAT catch pn throw only place only P could get it...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We need to get this one in there anyway...make it count regardless.
That qould be huge, after having a 47-yder taken away...but 3rd and long--to Powell for a 1st down on a great throw to him from Del Rio under pressure...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oooh! Just a hair late to Powell in the endzone--or that's another TD...
Driving now still, tho...time running down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema