• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

FSU, Gators stave off elimination in CWS

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"Florida senior Matt den Dekker made perhaps one of the greatest plays in College World Series history.

On Saturday, he chased down a fly ball in center field only to make an over-the-shoulder catch while sliding onto the warning track. The catch earned SportsCenter's Play of the Day.

Yet den Dekker was nearly silent when asked about it after the Gators' 11-3 loss to UCLA in the opening game.

"I mean, that's what I'm out there to do," den Dekker said. "Kind of sucks right now being on the losing end."

More: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/um-hurricanes/fl-uf-feature-cws-0621-20100620,0,6415547.story

AK Gator

Gator Fan
If the Gators come out flat in an elimination game against FSU, then they're in more trouble that anyone thought. The fact that UF is 3-0 against the Seminoles in the CWS is a nice comfort to counteract our 1-3 record against them this season. I just hope that the team rises to the occasion because bouncing FSU and staying alive for another game would be just about the best way to get the team's heads on straight.

AK Gator

Gator Fan
Oof...I'm sad to see the team fall so short in the CWS, but it's fantastic that they made it there to begin with. Quite a few teams would have loved just to have gotten in like the Gators in. We'll always have den Dekker's miracle catch to remember this year by. Here's to hoping we can get back next season and have a better run at the title.

AK Gator

Gator Fan
Hahaha yeah, the last game of regular season football (knock on wood) is bound to feel better than the last game of the baseball season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema