• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Found this on youtube

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

It's James Bates covering Eminem about the Old Ball Coach Spurrier.
Hilarious—if a bit irritating after a while (it does go ON...).
By the way, have been running across various comments and complaints about our CURRENT Head Coach’s behavior (on YouTube and elsewhere)—More than ONE have made reference to the idea that “maybe Florida success and notoriety not only are somehow linked with EACH OTHER, but our program’s ascendency to “the elite spotlight” may “somehow be linked to the Head Coach HIMSELF acting in an irritating manner” (!).
No sh*t—I have read a version of this more than once, apparently from different individuals, in at least two completely different places and contexts!
I had to laugh—and also give it further thought: Upon reflection, I found myself reflecting on whether this was indeed the case...
I mean, I don’t find their personalities “similar” at ALL: But I DO see methods (creative, big time offense, and a wry, fun approach overall) and RESULTS (we are OUT-SCORING people once again) that are arguably related...
But Coach Dan, while he may well be seen differently by our resentful competitors than I can even BEGIN to imagine, I see him as “a fun-but-decent GUY”, basically—but a “GATOR THROUGH AND THROUGH” !
So maybe THAT explains the disparity between how WE see him and how the rest of College Football might...
Then comes the video above, on the heels of all I’VE been coming across on my own, and I have to wonder.
WTF? Even the way so many took umbrage at his showing up at the postgame presser in that cheap drugstore “Darth Vader” costume, as if it were some long-planned, purposeful plan to get under the collective skins of UGA fans and the REST of the SEC (indeed, the whole COLLEGE FOOTBALL) world!
I just figured it was somehow a last minute, “Here’s a few bucks—let’s grab THAT and I’ll wear it for this postgame Media-meet’n’greet!”...
I mean, as Dan HIMSELF said at the time and subsequently when asked about it, “It’s HALLOWEEN, folks! Ya gotta have a little fun!”
But much has (and continues to be) made, especially by the media in the centers of rival programs, of that particular “choice of character and costume”...
What can we say? Maybe best to let Sigmond Freud himself’s word sum up in response:
“Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar!”

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Yeah, it wasn't Bates's best work (Crimnole was) but still funny especially parodying not only Eminem but his coach. Also this is the latest from SEC Shorts

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Keep it coming, bra’...God knows we NEED all the laughs we can GET now!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema