• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida's savior

GatorBa!t

Gator Fan
Looks like our d is finally stepping up after the lsu game...we would have for sure lost this game already if our d wasn't playing as well as we hoped...I think this is a great game for them...I finally trust them aver shorty prefromances this season...and bam were in the end zone....Go Gators!!!!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
If Jenkins doesn't learn to tackle, we should take away his #1 jersey number.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I think we would have played a lot better on D with Brandon Spikes. His leadership and versatility is a huge part of our D.

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
Our defense even without Spikes won this game...Again! When you think about all the turnovers, our defense played a lot of this game. Yes, the secondary sucked this game but I will bet you that that they will never let another receiver get behind them again.

The offense speaks for itself, pathetic. They run the same plays that everyone in the stadium knows what is going to be played. Not hard to defend when you know exactly what is coming.

If you noticed, the only times we moved the ball is on busted plays and Tebow running or a new play that has not been ran in the last year and a half.

Also, the actual running of the plays have become sloppy and not disciplined. The fakes are just ridiculous as there are no running backs even around to pretend to hand the ball off to and Tebow doesn't even take the first step towards the line anymore he just head fakes and stands there.

In my humble opinion I think they just need to get back to the basics. Run the ball with two backs in the backfield running counters and traps, have them also go out for 3-5 yrd quick dump off's right behind where the blitzing linebackers are coming from, run screens, and run the option with the tightend coming in while the back is ready on the outside, use actual play action pass for quick slants and 7-10 yrd out by the receivers, then use both backs as additional blockers for the 20+ play plays.

Yes, probably way to simple but at least in this formation nobody would know what the play will be. Maybe the opposing defense might actually have to keep players out of the box and stop sending everyone after Tebow.

Please do not get me wrong...Love the Gators....Love Coach Meyer....Extremely happy still undefeated.

Just would like to see it stay that way! :)

GO GATORS!!!

GatorBa!t

Gator Fan
Also, the actual running of the plays have become sloppy and not disciplined. The fakes are just ridiculous as there are no running backs even around to pretend to hand the ball off to

I just laughed my ass of I thought I was thenlnly one who noticed that...inwas like WTF?!?!? Haha, that offense needs to get there shit together or were gunna get ripped apart by Alabama

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Our offensive line (besides the fumbles) almost cost us the game. The playcalling was fine, but Tebow wasn't given anytime to sit in the pocket and check down his receivers.

GatorGal15

VIP Member
I've also seen a lot of people say that we won, because of the refs. But, I must have missed what they were talking about.

I've also seen a lot of people say that we won, because of the refs. But, I must have missed what they were talking about.
this one was really bullshit

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzLLs1oeLgo&NR=1"]YouTube - Arkansas gets Screwed by Refs, Worst call I Have ever seen (Personal Foul[/ame]

and heres the other one(i dont agree with this either)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI4v1o-ZhzI&feature=related"]YouTube - Arkansas gets screwed by Refs against florida (Pass Interference)[/ame]

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Well petrino didn't miss 'em. He was complaining about no calls more than the ones that were called...
“When they hit you when you’re on the white, it’s supposed to be a late hit, a 15-yard penalty,” Petrino said, rewinding the clip and playing it again on his show Sunday. “Unfortunately, in Florida, they don’t call it that way.”
Arkansas was killed by penalties in its upset bid Saturday. The Hogs were flagged 10 times for 92 yards. The Gators? Three times for 16 yards.
Petrino was especially not pleased with the two, 15-yard penalties within three plays on Florida’s game-tying drive in the fourth quarter. Broadwaywas called for a questionable pass interference in the end zone on a Tim Tebow pass attempt to Deonte Thompson. Two plays later, Sheppard was called for a personal foul.
Petrino was short with his reaction on the two game-changing penalties after the game.
“I didn’t like them,” he said. “I didn’t think they were good calls.”
Petrino talked more about penalties on his weekly coaches show Sunday.
“It’s unfortunate that the fourth quarter there’s probably three plays that the officials made the difference in the game,” Petrino said.
ORIGIN..

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
For what it’s worth, the crew that worked the Arkansas-Florida game was the same crew that worked the Georgia-LSU game when all the controversy flared up about the excessive celebration penalty on A.J. Green. Afterward, Rogers Redding, the SEC’s coordinator of officials, came out and said there was nothing on the tape that he saw that warranted a penalty being called on Green.
More HERE..

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I don't have a problem with the PI call. The defender turned into Thompson ashe went to look back for the ball. The personal foul, however, was a flat out bad call. I think the ref only caught the end of that play and saw the Florida player with his heels in the air and the Arkansas player standing over him. It's unfortnate but bad calls is a common theme in the SEC. Petrino should realize he's not in the Big East anymore.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
SEC admits penalty shouldn't have been called

As the fallout continues from several questionable calls that went against Arkansas in its 23-20 loss to Florida last week, the SEC has issued a statement saying that the 15-yard personal foul penalty on Arkansas defensive tackle Malcolm Sheppard shouldn’t have been called.

Sheppard and Florida’s Marcus Gilbert collided in the fourth quarter away from the ball, and Sheppard was hit with a 15-yard personal foul penalty. That’s despite Gilbert looking like he was the one who initiated the collision.

The statement from the SEC office read: "After video review, there was no evidence on the video to support the personal foul penalty called on Arkansas midway through the fourth quarter. The other calls that were referenced are judgment calls and a review of those calls have been communicated to Arkansas."

Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino said he spoke by phone with SEC coordinator of officials Rogers Redding about the penalties.

The Gators were given a first-and-goal at the 10 following the personal foul penalty on Sheppard and scored a touchdown on the next play to tie the game at 20-20. Just before the penalty on Sheppard, Arkansas cornerback Ramon Broadway was called for pass interference on Florida's Deonte Thompson.
ORIGIN....

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I've stated this before--bad calls and good calls are part of the game. With a time machine, we can change a lot of wins, losses, streaks, dynasties, and records. To do so would be taking away part of the game. I understand the counter argument about money being involved, but this is true of many things in life. I say, let the mistake lie. Sure, it gives Gator-haters more ammunition, but I can live with that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema