• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida v. Troy

GatorBa!t

Gator Fan
troy got there ass handed to them by bowling green last week... i really dont know how much we will get out of this game...Deonte Thompson needs to set up BIG TIME...i expect to see more from moody especially in short yardage situations...Brantley needs to have a better game. I hope to see some of the young guys step up on defense, such as Jelani and Will. Maybe tebow takes some snaps under center with moody as tailback, that would nice to see. Definitely like brew pointed out i want to see Dunlap go wild....

that being said the game that will really test us more than i had previously thought is going to be the game against the Vols....i cannot wait to be in the stands!!!

oh and lastly i think me along with brew and the rest of the Gator Nation want to see our Secondary step up....our 2 deep has been touted this whole off season and i was not impressed one bit last game especially in the beginning of the game when they were throwing those quick slants, they were leaving guys wide open which is unacceptable.

GO GATORS!!!:gator::gator::gator::gator:

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
oh and lastly i think me along with brew and the rest of the Gator Nation want to see our Secondary step up....our 2 deep has been touted this whole off season and i was not impressed one bit last game especially in the beginning of the game when they were throwing those quick slants, they were leaving guys wide open which is unacceptable.

Janoris Jenkins is coming back off suspension for the Troy game, so hang in there dude. I wasn't that pleased with Wondy's performance on one of the corners last Saturday, either.

GatorBa!t

Gator Fan
Haha yeah but even with jenkins out they shouldnt have been giving up yards and downs like that, did you see how Wondy was celebrating after a guy nearly got a first down on him? Someone needs to talk to him, i hope he got ragged on during game film.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Haha yeah but even with jenkins out they shouldnt have been giving up yards and downs like that, did you see how Wondy was celebrating after a guy nearly got a first down on him? Someone needs to talk to him, i hope he got ragged on during game film.

JMO, but Wondy's more effective on special teams. At times his effort has fluctuated, and I'd be willing to bet that at one time or another he's landed in Coach Meyer's doghouse.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Well the Gators were without three starters on D but seriously allowed 300+ plus yards and 18 first downs against CSU? That gives confidence to UT, Arkansas, LSU, UGA, and FSU. Also wasn't Louis a starter from over a season and he can't cover a D-1AA (well FCS) receiver? OK I'm sure all starters will get increase playing time especially since UcheaT is up next. Also the D needs to play like the number four defense get sacks and more than one turnover. I think the D will be better against Troy.

ShortBus

VIP Member
yeah i was not happy with wondy's performance either. you should have heard me cussing him out saturday night. lol. i was inventing new words..

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Well the Gators were without three starters on D but seriously allowed 300+ plus yards and 18 first downs against CSU? That gives confidence to UT, Arkansas, LSU, UGA, and FSU. Also wasn't Louis a starter from over a season and he can't cover a D-1AA (well FCS) receiver? OK I'm sure all starters will get increase playing time especially since UcheaT is up next. Also the D needs to play like the number four defense get sacks and more than one turnover. I think the D will be better against Troy.

Yeah. That worried me as well, an FCS team racking up 300 yards on us. Even if UM was "holding back" and saving his fancy D for bigger games, FBS teams always have to worry about the next Appalachian State.

ShortBus

VIP Member
Yeah. That worried me as well, an FCS team racking up 300 yards on us. Even if UM was "holding back" and saving his fancy D for bigger games, FBS teams always have to worry about the next Appalachian State.

you have NO idea how many times i have to remind people of that game. everyone is like it's just CSU. umm right. that's what michigan said about ASU crica 2007.. we all know how that worked out for them..

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member

CSU used quick passes to get past our defense. that is how to beat our Gators. that's how we were torn up in the 2007 season (plus horrible run D). hopefully the coaches are working this week on how to stop slants and other quick patterns.

as for the Troy game, you all have pointed out what we need to do, pretty much spread the ball around on offense, going deep into the depth chart, giving everybody experience and confidence heading into our SEC schedule.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Well they did beat CSU though if Troy puts up yards against the Gators then the UcheaT game might be a shootout.

There is often fault in using the A beat B, so A should beat C comparison. Sometimes teams just match up well for reasons unforeseen by coaches, with unexpected results.

I had hoped that by more FCS teams beating FBS teams that the FCS teams would gain some respect and people would stop calling them powderpuffs on big team schedules. Just because an FCS team is on your schedule, it does not mean they cannot win. Any team has a chance to win--why else would they play? $500K to a team does nothing for the players who have to put their bodies on the line to play a game.

CSU and Troy get their chance this season to be the next Appalachia State, just as many FCS teams get their chance. For reasons stated earlier, Florida needs to consider them a real opponent and not relax until the game is well in hand. That being said, Florida could use some tuneups before the Tennessee game. Tennessee would obviously love to upset Florida, both at the coach and player levels, and both levels have the motivation and skill to do so.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
That being said, Florida could use some tuneups before the Tennessee game. Tennessee would obviously love to upset Florida, both at the coach and player levels, and both levels have the motivation and skill to do so.

I really have to laugh at how Kiffykin's gang is playing up this win over one of the weakest teams in college football right now (Western Kentucky). Let's see how they fare against UCLA and see if they're still saying the same thing when all is said and done. (You know, I hope UCLA gives them a reality check.)

trojan73

Gator Fan
Thought I would share this small tidbit with you guys and step back out. First off, there is no doubt in my mind as a hard core trojan fan that Florida is the best team in the nation. They have the ability to score lots of points against ANYBODY!
Going into this season Troy was supposed to field the best team they have ever had in its 100 year history. We have NFL talent all over the field and have multiple players on watch list for every kind of award. We even have 5 lambardi award candidates(3rd in the nation just behind florida. All the talk around here was how Troy was going to go 11-1 or 10-2. After Troys dismal opening performance against BG last week I realized that we are either no where as good as we thought we were or we got preseason hype that we are not used to getting...and it went to our heads! As a fan that follows our every move I must believe that its probably both!
However, with that said, I do think that Troy will play a much better game saturday than we did against BG. We typically do a GREAT job of getting up for the big game. Thats why we are 16-3 ATS with ranked opponents. The last time we met, Troy was able to find rythem in the second half(Floridas starters didnt come out until 2:00 left in the game) and outscore Florida 24-11. We put alot of pressure on Tebow and racked up 400 yards of offense.

I understand going into saturdays game that Florida is not the same team from 2007 and that niether is Troy. If Troy can come out and play like I think they can we should be able to have some success. That doesnt mean I am trying to say that Troy is going to shock the world and beat Florida. However, Florida better come ready to play(which I think they will) or it could be closer than gator fan would hope.
I think Troy moves the ball well and suprise florida fans(not the coach) and totals up 350-400 yards of offense.They do a great job stopping the run but give up some big plays in the secondary. In the end Florida will go on to win the game 45-30.
Either way, I cant wait to be at the swamp, standing on the sideline, watching my Trojans take on one of the greatest teams in college football history!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema