• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida softball ready for national spotlight

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
For the first time since their appearance in the Women’s College World Series semifinals a year ago, the Florida Gators are returning to the national stage tonight. They say they are prepared for everything that comes with it.

Super Regional
Who: No. 14 California vs. No. 1 Florida
When: today, 8 p.m.
TV: ESPN
Radio: AM-850
Where: Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium

The bright lights. The live ESPN television cameras. The pressure of postseason play.
They’ve experienced it all before, so don’t expect the nation’s No. 1 team to blink or be distracted.
The focus is clear, the mission is all that matters: Win two out of three games from No. 14 California in the Super Regional and advance to Oklahoma City and the WCWS.
“The good thing about this team is we’ve been through every scenario,” UF coach Tim Walton said. “We’ve been everywhere. What situation have we not played in? Last year we had our backs against the wall with the bases loaded in the College World Series with the game on the line (and won the game to advance).
“This is a good team. It’s prepared. I don’t think there’s going to be a situation that they’re not prepared for.”
More HERE
Some pics from the lehigh game that sent us to the Super Regional on GE's PhotoBlog

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Ali Gardner hits a 2 out walk-off GRAND SLAM against Tide in bottom of 7th to send Gators to
Women's College World Series

GO GATORS!!!!!
:gator:

that walk off GS was awesome I was watching it sadly thinking they may have had to play a doubleheader last night then BAM there it went ..I was jumping around yelling & screaming my dogs were scampering away from me ( i think they though i had lost my mind LOL ) My wife was even hooting & hollering and she doesn't get excited about much it was great !!!!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Talk about winning a game by the seat of one's pants - we managed to pull that one off last night and are heading back to the title game.

(And when our gals put on rally hats, I started saying to myself, "Round the bowl and down the hole - roll tide roll" hoping Bama would cave in and we'd wind up winning. Did that during the SEC game last year - hey, it's working!)

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
After Washington capitalized on our screw-ups last night, we've been backed into a "must-win" situation in this next game.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Yeah, the broadcast team had him on the phone talking about the call during the game. That was about the time our defense started to collapse. I hope there are no phone calls tonight!

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Gators look to regroup

Responding to adversity is the only thing the Gators haven't proven they can do this season, because their own success hasn't offered many opportunities for practice. A walk-off grand slam Sunday was a start, but even then, the Gators had the cushion of another game if they lost. Monday's meltdown aside, they've shown they can do everything else a team has to do on the field to win a championship. In trying to get back to those strengths, they'll prove whether or not they really are a complete team.
"Give Washington credit," Walton said. "I thought they did a great job of capitalizing on our mistakes. We just didn't play very well at all."
Post-Game.....More HERE

lilChomp

VIP Member
So is being runner-up a disappointment for this team? They were clearly the best in the nation and should have won.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
So is being runner-up a disappointment for this team? They were clearly the best in the nation and should have won.

As I see it, making it to the finals in the way they did was an accomplishment. Too many fielding errors cost them wins in these last two games, but it wasn't meant to be this year. Still, they have nothing to be ashamed of.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
I'm bummed, but probably not as much as those girls are. It's too bad that what Ali Gardiner will remember along with her fabulous 2 out walk-off Grand Slam will be her final SO at the plate. Stacey Nelson's dominance from the circle will be recalled along with her fumbling with a bunted ball that allowed a run. Those two final games were so weird for the Gators it was as though they were playing the team that they were, on the road to the finals.
All props to Lawrie and the Huskies though they took advantage of everyone of our missteps and capitalized.
We will be back and the SEC has given the pac10 and the rest of the west cause for worry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema