• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida nipped Free Shoes U 67-66

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
At least they beat FSU in something.

And you guys never believe me when I tell you that Florida is not just a football school. I am telling you: Jeremy Foley's vision is for a balanced sports program. Obviously this crap we saw in 2013 is not part of that vision, but an 11-1 team that makes it to the Sugar Bowl is fine by management's standards as long as it makes money. BCS bowl games have become a lower priority for management, because the school is not making money off those bowl games--they are losing money in ticket revenue. The Sugar Bowl is nothing to scoff at, yet the school lost money. In basketball the Gators make it to the Sweet 16 or Thrilling 32, and they make money. In football the Gators get ranked in the top 10 and nobody comes to support the team. Those kind of things make management want to diversify their portfolios to include basketball as part of the Gator athletic identity.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema