• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida @ LSU biggest game of the year

Swampman

VIP Member
According to Pete Fiutak of College Football News, Florida at LSU is the #1 game of the year in 2007. I think that Stuart Mandel of SI.com also chose this game as the game of the year. I may be wrong, though. I know I saw it somewhere else.

1. Florida at LSU, Oct. 6
The big debate at the end of last year was whether or not Ohio State and Michigan should face each other in a rematch for the national championship. As the bowl games showed, the debate should've been about how the powers-that-be could've come up with a rematch of the Gators and Tigers after the bowls had been played. Florida won an early October showdown 23-10, but that was in The Swamp. Now LSU gets the national champions in Death Valley, where it won 21-17 in 2005. Considering the superstar status of both programs, they've never faced each other for the SEC title, and they might finally do it this year. But first, LSU will take care of business despite getting tagged for at least two big plays from the Florida receiving corps. The Tiger defensive front will keep Tim Tebow from running, and should come up with several sacks. Florida will be a little more battle tested, having already played Tennessee and Auburn, but it'll run into a defensive buzzsaw. If Urban Meyer had more than a week to prepare, the Gators would pull off the upset. He doesn't, and they won't.
Predicted score in July: LSU 26 ... Florida 13

Entire article (includes Virginia Tech at LSU):
Scout.com: Early Predictions of the Top 50 Games

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
ever since the end of last season, when i looked at our schedule for this year, i have been telling myself that this game would be the biggest of the year... but i expect to see a victory for the Gators

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Whoever wins this game will still be in the hunt for a national title game invitation. The loser, will have to fight for a non title game BCS birth instead. My money is on the gators, with a great offense and surprising to most defense. XD.:bananajump:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema