• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida gets basketball transfer from Georgetown

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
Vernon Macklin, a 6'9" forward, has decided to transfer to UF. Will be nice to get this guy in the orange and blue. He was a McDonald's and Parade All-American coming out of high school. From what I have heard, it sounds like he was starting to play much better near the end of last season. He will have to sit out a year before being able to play for us.

Here's the link: Macklin to transfer to UF

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
He's got some size to him, but he only averaged 3.4 points a game as a sophomore. I don't see him becoming a big contributor to the team.

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
He's got some size to him, but he only averaged 3.4 points a game as a sophomore. I don't see him becoming a big contributor to the team.
Supposedly he was a little caught up in their depth chart behind Hibbert. That doesn't completely make sense to me since Hibbert is more of a center and I would think Macklin's size and athleticism would make him more of a PF. I guess he had underperformed his expectations a little bit, but was starting to come on near the end of last season from what some Georgetown fans have said. I've also heard he didn't really fit in to their style of play since they play a Princeton slow-it-down style and he is a super athletic type. Sounds like the transfer to UF may be just what he needed to start showing some of the ridiculous potential he supposedly has. Maybe that is being a little too optimistic, but I sure hope he can contribute and make it worth the use of a scholly.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Macklin was a great talent coming out of high school. He got lost on the Hoyas bench. He should be able to contribute in 2 years when he becomes eligible. He's like a taller and stronger James White.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema