• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida-Charleston Southern Preview

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
charleston-southern.gif
vs.
gatorslogo.gif

Charleston Southern Bucs vs. No. 1 Florida Gators
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium - Gainesville, FL
7:00 PM EST kickoff on SUN/FSN

Hey guys. I figured we can start discussing this week's game now.

I have posted my preview for the game. You can find it here.

What are your thoughts on the game?

Discuss. I command it!

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I'm thinking the second stringers will be there by halftime or beginning of the second half and maybe Jordan Reed will see some action.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I dunno if Tebow will only play 1 quarter, but then again, if his back is still sore, why risk anything?

I don't think UF should do anything different strategy-wise. This should be a game to just make sure everything still works and remove any cobwebs. No need to give UT plays to look over when prepping for their game with us.

Otherwise, I liked your preview. You put it very accurately and eloquently: As long as we show up at the Swamp, we will win.

You know what would be interesting? If we played the entire game with 9 players on both sides of the ball...could we still beat CSU by at least 21?

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Jordan Reed get in there for a lil bit.

Hey O-town, where is the story on Meyer wanting to play Utah? That would be interesting to read.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Considering many of our rivals have top-notch opponents to face in their openers, I still think we could have done a lot better than Charleston Southern.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
^^ That's true. But CSU isn't tha much worse than Western Kentucky (UT) Western Carolina (Vandy) Jackson St. (Miss St.) or Missouri St. (Arkansas).

So at least we're not alone.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Considering many of our rivals have top-notch opponents to face in their openers, I still think we could have done a lot better than Charleston Southern.
I believe I heard that UF originally had UCF scheduled for this spot, but UCF backed out of the deal. So CSU is UCF's replacement on the schedule.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
^^ I think we might only see some starters for a quarter or so. If we jump out big early, I wouldn't mind seeing Tebow, Spikes, Demps, Hernandez, Haden and Jenkins to take a rest for the rest of the game. There's no sense in getting injured against CSU.

^^^ agreed. I would also sit Dunlap and Cunnigham. I will enjoy seeing lots of Will Hill, Dee Finley, Moses Jenkins, Mike Gillslee and many of the other 2 & 3 string players that we have. Oh yea John Bostic and Jelani Jenkins.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema