• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fla. QB Tim Tebow takes us inside the Gators huddle

GatorGal15

VIP Member
10 Things You Should Know About the Guys In My Huddle

Since he arrived in Gainesville, Fla., Tim Tebow's story has become the stuff of legend. But what about the tales Tebow has to tell? As the Gators prepared to face Oklahoma in the BCS title game, on Jan. 8, we asked the junior QB to take us inside the Florida offense's huddle and spin a few yarns of his own.

1. JIM TARTT, OUR LEFT GUARD, IS A FANTASTIC ARTIST.
"He's known for drawing on the locker room whiteboards. My favorite was of a teammate who was hurt and getting a lot of ultrasound therapy. In the drawing, he got so much ultrasound, he could talk to whales."

2. PHIL TRAUTWEIN CAN EAT. AND EAT. AND EAT …
"It's unbelievable, even for a 310-pound tackle. Sometimes we go to this Japanese restaurant called Yamato, and he brings two coupons for $5 off a meal. He orders two meals. Then he changes both side salads to soups (with extra-crunchy onions) and both vegetables and noodles to extra rice. He eats every bit of it, then he has a milk shake and goes to bed."

3. TIGHT END TATE CASEY IS A WISE OLD SAGE.
"He had a medical hardship, so I think he just played in his eighth SEC championship game. We always ask his advice. The younger guys want to know what it was like blocking for Emmitt Smith."

4. TWINS ARE TOUGH TO TELL APART.
"The Pouncey twins have unbelievable ink. When I see their arms, I can tell them apart. Maurkice, my center, has his parents' names on his arms. Mike, my right tackle, has fire and a skull on his. If they're wearing long sleeves, I look for the scar on Mike's right cheek."

5. THE MOST SUPERSTITIOUS PERSON ON OUR TEAM IS COACH.
"Coach Meyer won't get on a plane without a religious charm his mom gave him. He has the same pregame meal every week—chicken with pasta, two kindsof meat and bread—so we do too. He says it's routine, not superstition."

6. WE ARE AN EXPRESSIVE BUNCH.
"I write a Bible verse on my eye black as a way to express myself and get a message across. A lot of the other guys started writing something meaningful to them under their eyes. Since his mom died, wide receiver Louis Murphy writes, 'I love you' on one side and 'Mom' on the other. Some players write their area codes, but I encourage something more meaningful."

7. WE DON'T KNOW WHO OWNS THE "FASTEST GATOR" TITLE.
"Percy Harvin and Chris Rainey raced each other. They split. Rainey and Jeffery Demps raced each other. They split too. Whoever got the better jump won. Percy and Demps have never raced each other, though."

8. BRANDON JAMES HAS MY NUMBER.
"We played each other in high school. He returned punts back then, too. Every time we kicked to him, he took it for a touchdown. So in our last game, my coach put me in on punt coverage. Brandon broke through several tacklers, and finally I got him. He says I got lucky, but I can't talk trash. We played four times and lost four times. I was like Peyton Manning vs. Florida."

9. THE BCS GAME WILL BE DÉJÀ VU ALL OVER AGAIN.
"Thirteen players on our team have won state championships on the same field that we're playing the national championship game on."

10. OUR QB LOVES OL' BLUE EYES.
"My mom got me into Sinatra. Now I listen to him all the time. My favorite song? 'Send in the Clowns.' Maybe I'll listen to it before the BCS game."

source: http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?section=magazine&id=3802354

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema