• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

First Hint of “IT”?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...That “certain feeling”?
Not sure, but as it all begins to settle and coalesce in heart, mind and gut in the aftermath, I begin to recognize something, a feeling I haven’t felt in years—something that has been gone so long that I hardly MISSED it anymore. Sometime between the failed 2-pointer, the wistful realization that the game was lost after all, and everything since, “IT” grew:
The return of a feeling, a state-of-mind dimly remembered.
Confidence. NOT merely “hope”, but the rising calm of knowing that success is certainly on the road ahead. I can’t say yet how much or how soon—but somehow I KNOW now it is COMING. For this Coach and this TEAM...and it can start this week!
If this past Saturday marked “a turning point”, then this Tennessee game is our chance to take “The Next Step”.
No guarantees, but rather an OPPORTUNITY...and I can see us TAKING it.
For the first time in so long, then, I find myself looking ahead with EXCITEMENT, rather than trepidation, at ANY “Big Rivalry” game in the SEC—especially the traditional one in late-September against the Vols. As good a place as any to renew that feeling, AND our once and future “habit of WINNING” them.
“GO GATORS!!!”
MAN, it is GOOD to say that once more!
And to say it with confidence.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...or maybe something ELSE?
MAYBE it is something even MORE elusive—something we haven’t had in a VERY long time. Not since before even the last time we truly walked among the elite, before that fateful 2nd half at the 2009 SEC Championship game, still led by somehow-never-quite-Gators Meyer and Addazio...
Remember? TT frantic and panic-stricken on the sideline, trying in vain to inspire, motivate his teammates to somehow “FIND THE FIRE!” one more time??!
“Near-unrecognizable” precisely BECAUSE you’d have to go all the way back to SPURRIER before truly recalling it, actually FEELING IT IN YOUR GUT:
“FAITH”.
I think THAT’S it.
Rising in me for the first time in so long is a calming willingness to trust our Coach, along with a growing certainty that one way or another WE ARE ON OUR WAY.
It’s now finally and ultimately just a matter of patience and trust. And when it comes, it WON’t be just some fleeting burst, one shining moment in the sun, but as a sustained “time of rule”, make no mistake:
OUR “Kingdom Come”.
THIS Coach is building and aiming for nothing less here.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I think there was a spark, but EJ5's spark is not as bright as AR15's. I hate comparing the backup to the starter, especially when the starter did everything he was asked of him for three years. but this team does not beat Alabama or Georgia without AR15...and some tackling practice.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think there was a spark, but EJ5's spark is not as bright as AR15's. I hate comparing the backup to the starter, especially when the starter did everything he was asked of him for three years. but this team does not beat Alabama or Georgia without AR15...and some tackling practice.
...and that was more or less “actually PROVEN” by all that in fact has transpired over the course of the first three games—in fact CONFIRMED this LAST Saturday!
HOWEVER...
It is also more likely than ever that this “HINT” we speak of NOW (call it what you want) amounts to a CHANCE at more: SO MUCH “MORE”???!!
At all our hopes and dreams lo these ongoing years? Everything we have been searching, digging, scratching, scrambling to stake a lasting claim—OUR VERY OWN, ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!
If and when you see and recognize the chance, don’t you HAVE to go for it? Is there really ANY “CHOICE” AT ALL???

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94, @Leakfan12,

SO:
With “all of the above” in mind,
I am now ready to make (what is for ME) an “ALWAYS rare” mid-season, full-on forthright PREDICTION:
(Call it an early expression of my newly re-found “Faith”.)
Gators will soundly thrash
the Volunteers...by at least a three touchdown margin.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema