• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Don’t Even GO There...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This sudden “Mullen Going to The Cowboys” rumor is gathering the kind of back-channel buzz that as Gators WE don’t wanna feed into AT ALL.
I mean, money can make ANYTHING happen nowadays, so you can’t just dismiss it out of hand—but it is JUST as true that PEOPLE have to make CHOICES, too—and there are so many “moving parts” and “qualifying ‘ifs’, ‘ands’, ‘buts’ etc HERE that you just gotta take our Head Coach at his word and heartfelt career commitment here: Never mind the various elusive arguments and supposed backroom connections and discussions...He’s OUR COACH—and will see things through, at the very LEAST TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP HE CAME HERE TO WIN!
Let no other vision of “Future Reality” dominate OUR view or discussion at this point, at any rate.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I like that Dan Mullen is garnering headlines as a potential NFL coaching hire for a very high profile team. In the end, it is up to Mullen as to whether or not he wants to make that jump to the NFL. My gut tells me that Mullen and Grantham like the college coaching lifestyle where they can be with family more often than they would as NFL coaches, and they have reasonable expectation of stability. Things could change in a few years when Mullen's and Grantham's kids have all left home.

The other consideration is salary. Dan Mullen makes $6M per year, which is 8th in the nation for college coaches, and would be 10th in the nation for NFL coaches. Todd Grantham makes $1.8M per year, which is 5th in the nation for assistant coaches, and would be in the top 5 as an NFL assistant.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I thought the talks were Meyer and the Cowboys? Also, I heard Tony Elliott (Clemson OC) as well. Plus it's going to be difficult with Jerry Boy.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I like that Dan Mullen is garnering headlines as a potential NFL coaching hire for a very high profile team. In the end, it is up to Mullen as to whether or not he wants to make that jump to the NFL. My gut tells me that Mullen and Grantham like the college coaching lifestyle where they can be with family more often than they would as NFL coaches, and they have reasonable expectation of stability. Things could change in a few years when Mullen's and Grantham's kids have all left home.

The other consideration is salary. Dan Mullen makes $6M per year, which is 8th in the nation for college coaches, and would be 10th in the nation for NFL coaches. Todd Grantham makes $1.8M per year, which is 5th in the nation for assistant coaches, and would be in the top 5 as an NFL assistant.
Nicely broken down: There’re the “nuts’n’bolts” of that particular slice of what is turning out to be a FINELY, multi-tiered SPREAD of different possible “scenarios”—and “SCENARIOS” are what ALL these well-developed possibilities amount to! I mean, this IS The Dallas Cowboys, ruled by Jerry Jones, after all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema