• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Charlie Strong

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
If we keep our defense at this level for another year or two, do you think Charlie Strong is going to be a hot commodity to replace someone as head coach. I'm sure there are several schools out there that would sign him as a head. Do you think he has what it takes? Do you think he would leave Florida?

Swampman

VIP Member
I don't think any of the big time schools would be interested in him. He was interim head coach at UF after Zook was fired, don't you think if he had any potential that we might have kept him as our coach?

rawdog

VIP Member
At the point of Zook's firing, Strong was not as proven. The last two years he has proven himself by fielding the best defenses in the SEC. I think in a few years time, especially if Meyer leaves, Strong will find himself as a head coach.

No assistant wants to stay an assistant forever.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I heard this morning that he was in the running for the Minnesota job, but that it was rumored that because he is in an interracial marriage that it played a role in him not getting the job..

WHAT?! It was on the Frank Frangie Show in Jacksonville.

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
I don't think Strong has to wait for a few more successful years to be a coaching candidate. He has received multiple interviews over the past couple of years for head coaching spots including Tulsa this year. So far things haven't worked out for him as far as finding the right spot that is both willing to offer him and he is willing to accept. However, I'm sure it can't be too far away considering his success here and the fact that he has already been considered for a few spots. I'm glad to have him as a Gator coach still, but will completely understand if (when) he decides to move on to a head coaching spot elsewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema