• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Brissett or Driskel?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, I WAS more of a Driskel-guy--I liked his composure and calm run-the-offense even-keel out there, but I guess he had plateaued somewhat in practice...whatever the reason, apparently Brisset had over-taken him in the coaches' eyes (maybe it was the clearer big-play capabilities, and Weis SAID he had the "bigger arm"), and I DO keep seeing that very thing in him, the sudden flashes of great athletic skill--and today he really started to show his mobility, too, which WAS supposed to be Driskel's great strength, originally recruited by Meyer for the Spread, after all--but it was BRISSET who bulled his way into the endzone (which' after all our difficulties deep inside the redzone in the 1st half, opportunities that could have changed the whole game, BTW, was a vast and satisfying relief, and couldn't help but remind us ALL of you-know-who--the last guy we had that could reliably get in the endzone "when all else failed"). Didn't all of YOU get the sinking feeling that we WOULD end up losing a close game after failing TWICE to get anything more than 3 pts. from so deep in their territory?
Still, with the RBs we will probably be bringing in, we need a QB who is mobile, yes, but more importantly can lead the team, run the offense and MAKE THE THROWS. I still don't know if we have that guy there on our team right now, and if we do, which one he is...and I just don't know that we'll be able to keep both. We can NOT end up with "the wrong one" again (I know, I know, that was a weird deal all around, and Cam was a sleaze ball then who, along with his daddy, may STILL end up sinking Auburn--and unlike us, they were willing to trade all their futures for just ONE year of glory, even if it is "technically revoked" some time in the future). We'd be wise, seems to me, to continue trying to find ANOTHER prospect out there somewhere, maybe some "sleeper" with "upside", or a juco with his skills already well-shown who has rebuilt his life and image after screwing up and GROWING up (it HAPPENS). Just sayin'...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Put both of them in the Furman game.
That's what I'D like to see--BOTH of them should be able to run our offense against that team: our biggest failing on offense, the line, won't be over-matched, for once, 'cause their guys don't out-size or out-muscle ours, for a change (and if you want to know where the majority of our problems on offense, both in protecting the QB AND springing our RBs, come from, the sad truth is that we have not been fielding an SEC-caliber line, in size, skill, OR depth the last couple of years--that and the complete busts at WR for back-to-back-to-back recruiting cycles had doomed ANY balanced offensive scheme we planned to run, Spread or otherwise). Last chance and perfect time to let the 2 young prospects compete ON-THE-FIELD in a real game and still have a good shot at a win, regardless. We need to win this game, yes, but it is almost as important to get as much information and real evidence of these two's relative skills going into recruiting AND spring practice as well, I think.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
If Brantley is "healthy" he will start this year. Next year, it looks like Brissett has the advantage over Driskel. Driskel still can fight for the starting role, and it would be nice to have dueling, high quality QBs vying for the starting role next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema