• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bowl game

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Don't let it--just plain stupid, that's all...ignorant and stupid. Consider someone thinking, thinking, casting about for a put-down, a scathing comment, and this is the best he can do? Pathetic, really. Getting under Gators' collective skin is a triumph he doesn't deserve--and one only you can give him.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Don't forget that Tebow was the starting QB for both of Meyer's national championships! Wait...he wasn't! Oddly enough, Meyer's winning percentage with and without Tebow as his starter was better than with...before the 2010 season.

Bootball

Gator Fan
I for one was a huge Tim Tebow fan from the beginning. Holding true to his core beliefs, particularly about abortion are more than admirable. Not to mention his play as the QB of the Gators. I shamed the NFL teams that had not selected him before the Broncos and I wish him nothing but success in the NFL.

However, after reading some responses from Gator fans, I more than look forward to the Nittany Nation coming in this Saturday and taking the current Gator team and it's arrogant fans to the woodshed and back. Joe Paterno - Success with HONOR. WE are Penn State. And WE will put the beat down on you in 4 short days.

Perhaps then I will feel some love from my Floridian counter-parts. Or not.

ShortBus

VIP Member
I for one was a huge Tim Tebow fan from the beginning. Holding true to his core beliefs, particularly about abortion are more than admirable. Not to mention his play as the QB of the Gators. I shamed the NFL teams that had not selected him before the Broncos and I wish him nothing but success in the NFL.

However, after reading some responses from Gator fans, I more than look forward to the Nittany Nation coming in this Saturday and taking the current Gator team and it's arrogant fans to the woodshed and back. Joe Paterno - Success with HONOR. WE are Penn State. And WE will put the beat down on you in 4 short days.

YOU stirred the hornet's NEST. YOU must face the consequences:2guns:. Gator Nation sticks together.. And I have no doubt Penn State will beat this squad, especially if JB is quarterbacking... I picked penn state in my bowl mania picks...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Who's that drooling, gibbering old codger y'all let walk around on the sideline, yelling at the camera guys and getting in the way? I always see him around whenever PSU plays on TV, and I can't figure out who the hell he is and what possible reason there is for him to be there...

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
Who's that drooling, gibbering old codger y'all let walk around on the sideline, yelling at the camera guys and getting in the way? I always see him around whenever PSU plays on TV, and I can't figure out who the hell he is and what possible reason there is for him to be there...
He's William Penn, of course - the man after who the school was named.

He looks good for a man of 366, so you'd better lay off him.

I'd be more concerned with how a team like Penn State can get into a Bowl game by winning against Kent State, Youngstown State, and Minnesota... But I guess they had to find someone to play the Gators, or Outback would want their money back.

Escambia94

Who's being arrogant now? If you read through any posts on the Outback Bowl, we are so busy being frustrated with our own season that nobody has really posted anything here about any smackdowns on PSU. Watch the press conferences. Even Urban Meyer is singing nothing but praise of Penn State and Joe Paterno. Heck, I was looking at other Gator forums where "arrogant Gator fans" were predicting a Penn State victory!

I am curious as to where you read "some responses from Gator fans" that provoked you into stirring up smack here? As for me, I just want to send off Urban Meyer with a win, because that is what a fan is supposed to say. I doubt we will be laying down any smackdowns, but I would be just as excited about a 13-12 victory as I would be over a 20-13 victory. I doubt the scoring will go above that. If we use all three QBs, I can even see John Brantley causing us to lose, 7-14.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You're right--I had no big grudge going into this one; though I am NOT normally either a Nittany Lion OR Jo-Pa fan by any means, with all that went down for us this year and everything else going on, a decent send-off for Meyer was about the only handle I could grab as far as cheering goes. Didn't have much feeling for our "momentum" coming off the season; wouldn't have surprised me if we lost, just wanted to see us play well. Now comes this attitude...hope our guys pick up on it, that along with their desire to get it done for their outgoing Coach they maybe get a bit of a chip on their collective shoulder. Maybe leave us with something a little more substantial than glib sarcasm from the likes of me--one more member of that "Gator Hornets' Nest" that got stirred up.

Escambia94

I have a lot of PSU friends, and we have all been very friendly about bowl game talk. I like Joe Pa. I like his football program. I can remember the friendly rivalry back in the last bowl game we played under Spurrier. Heck, I was one of the few Gator fans that had forgiven Galen Hall. I won't get upset if we lose this one as long as we don't play as bad as we did against SC and SOW. It is possible to lose while not looking like a bunch of drunken monkeys. That's all I ask for.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If things are unchanged, "same offense and Addazio calling the plays" as coaches and some of the players have let out, then expect a loss and HOPE it's not a bad one.
On the other hand, there have been a few "cracks" in the wall, players letting something slip here and there then beating a hasty retreat, insisting "no, everything's the same", the retraction-and-denial itself perhaps a clue. They've HAD a month; if Meyer and Co. rolled up sleeves and went to work, then who knows?
"Last Ride", and all that...such tales aren't guaranteed happy endings, though often noble ones.
That may have to suffice.

Escambia94

The three-headed monster gives us an excuse to run Burton and Reed at the suspect run-defense of PSU. Demps may not be healthy enough to punch through that massive D-line, but Burton and Reed can do it. I don't know what to make of it when JB starts firing away, but I assume he can throw on PSU if we let loose with Hammond, Debose and some of the youngsters. Carl Moore needs to catch a few in his last game. Throw in a banged up D-line and one injury on the O-line and we are not in good shape to win one for the Gipper. Anything can happen, but I'm not getting my hopes up that we will play as well as we did against Cincinatti in the Sugar Bowl. Then again, PSU's team was about as bad as ours and all we have to do is suck less than them on Saturday.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'd be more hopeful if we were healthy. Four important guys out completely, Demps (and a few others, but he's the "Difference Maker"--we saw him at full speed for a few games early in the year; (sigh) talk about an "if only"...) playing but less-than-100%. We'll have to outscore them, ultimately, and where normally that should and WOULD be easily "doable", who can say that about this year's Gator "O"? There ARE scenario's I can envision where it's MORE than possible, but I'm neither counting nor betting on them happening this time!

Escambia94

Think of it this way. On offense it's Steve the Dazzler Addazio's offensive gameplan versus Galen Hall's offensive game plan. Advantage Hall. On defense it's Teryl Austin's defensive scheme against Tom Bradley's scheme. Advantage Bradley (30 years of consistency). The players are going to have to step it up. PSU has a 27-13-2 bowl record, and most of those came with the same head coach and defensive coordinator! Holy cow!

This is going to be a good game. The bowl selection committee couldn't have made a better match. I don't know why Vegas has Florida as 7-point favorites, considering PSU's record against the spread.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema