• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

After First “Scrimmage”

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Meanwhile, along with YouTube “spots” AND Mullens’ OWN post-scrimmage comments, a handful of “backdoor reports” direct from G-ville observers seem to generally agree that despite a certain (predictably) onfield rustiness among a so far “mostly younger representation“ among available bodies out there this time, we looked pretty damn good overall, all things considered...The general impression:
“We are LOADED coming INTO this season, at this point.”
Now, we KNOW that our season in fact got a bit TOUGHER with the out-of-conference games replaced by those two particular SEC opponents, and the whole pan-NCAA irregularities among how the various conferences have approached things themselves individually having clouded completely how, if or when some “mythical National Champion” (nod to E-) may eventually be named, and by whom, it may well end up looking like a “lost opportunity” looking back once it’s over, at THIS point I’M just glad it still seems possible we may still have a season—even if I’m still having trouble fully envisioning how that will all work—and whether it will INDEED “work out” all the way through until it’s planned END.
I welcome all your thoughts on this—but I won’t hold ANYONE to either THEIR views, OR any real accuracy in efforts at such prognostication NOW:
On the contrary: I give ANYONE props for BRAVERY in making ANY such predictions, at THIS point!
(But DAMN! This current squad, facing its original schedule in any “normal year” DOES now appear to have had all the pieces necessary for it to take that “next step” UP that many spoke of and hoped for in this, Coach’s 3rd season here.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema