1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A Special day!!!!

Discussion in 'Gator Lounge & General Discussion' started by GatorsDiva21, Apr 29, 2008.

1. GatorsDiva21

GatorsDiva21 Hayley Loves her gators

7 years ago in turn 4 of the daytona 500, a multiple car crash involving Dale Earnhardt, 2 hours lator Mike Helton "The President of Nascar" Made an announcment that shook the Nascar Nation!! Mike Helton: "This has to be the worst thing I've ever had to say, but after the wreck in turn 4 of the daytona 500, we have lost Dale Earnhardt." The Special Day is, Today 57 years ago, Ralph Dale Earnhardt was born!!! Only to become one of the GREATEST Stock Car Drivers to ever race!! He won 7 winston cups to his credic, rookie of the year his first time entering Nascar in 1979, the year after 1980 he won his 1st Wintson Cup No other driver has ever won rookie of the year 1 year and turn around and win the Winston Cup. He was also famous of the #3 car and his sponsor GM GoodWrench. 86'87 90'91 and 93'94 all where he won the Winston Cup back to back 3 times.

Five-time NMPA Driver of the Year ('80, '86, '87, '90, '94)

Only three-time winner of "The Winston" ('87, '90, '93)

Only six-time Busch Clash winner ('80, '86, '88, '91, '93, '95)

Four-time IROC champion ('90, '95, '99, '00)

In February 1998 after 20 attempts, Dale Earnhardt captured the only major victory that had eluded him throughout his career, the Daytona 500. The win was the 71st of his career and came in his 575th Winston Cup start, placing him sixth on the all-time wins list. Earnhardt added to his legacy in 1998 when NASCAR honored him and his father Ralph as two of the 50 Greatest Drivers in NASCAR history.

So today is a very special day to me!!! Dale Jr is my idol someone I've met, someone that i'll always adore. ;)

SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALE EARNHARDT I MISS YOU!!!!!!:)

2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits Gator Fan

Definitely one of the best drivers of all-time.