• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A Good Article, with some good points

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
We are all thinking the same thing, but this does not mean that the Coach will attention .

roblou56

Gator Fan
I completely disagree with the notion that we need to reign in the playbook and force Driskel to become a one read and run quarterback(anyone around here that thinks Murphy is going to lead us to Atlanta if Jeff gets hurt) . With that mentality he won't make it to see Jacksonville. This is the same quarterback that led us to an 11-1 season and a BCS bowl berth. Not to mention we still finished with 413 yards of total offense (would've been closer to 500 if not for all of the turnovers). Held the ball for forty minutes, gained 22 first downs and went 6 of 15 on 3rd down. After showing vanilla offense game 1 I'm pretty sure coaches told jd6 that they were going to sling it some (hence the 33 attempts) and he took that and and came out like Brett farve instead of being himself, playing within the offense, taking what the D gives him. I rewatched the game yesterday and right from the first series jd6 took some risky shots down field that he normally doesn't take. I expect his decision making to be much better after this bye week and for the rest of the season. Other things I noticed were jh72 really struggled with the 320lb NT, which led to awful inside running. DH70 wasn't healthy at all even missing snaps early in the first quarter and still needs about another 20lbs. I drastically underestimated the loss of Chaz Green. Both Garcia and Moore struggle in pass pro against speed rushers. I really hope MJ24 gets his timing down and his feet under him during this bye. The addition of Joker Phillips has really benefitted the wr's.

Escambia94

Driskel's job in this offense is normally as a game manager--to not lose the game. He tried too hard to win the game, turned the ball over, and hopefully learned what not to do when he has to do that again against SEC teams that stand between Florida and the SEC championship. Now that I have calmed down, I believe Driskel did a decent job with what he was given. Yes, he screwed up big time throwing into 6x coverage when there were two open Gators. Yes he missed a corner route even while rolling out (supposedly his forte). His other 31 attempts were worthy of at least a B- or solid B. Another receiver other than Trey Burton needs to consistently step up.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The philosophy itself is flawed--and all of us are basically saying it, if coming from different places and arguments in getting there. The most worrisome and frustrating thing of all is the idea that none of it may change--and all our observations and arguments in the aftermath appear to anticipate this continuing, even worsening. THAT'S how you end up with a disaster of a season--and unless Pease has more than HE'S shown, and Driskel can carry out his plans, then we're gonna see more, and worse, of the same before this season limps/wimpers to its hugely disappointing conclusion.
For this reason, AND the simple (so far mostly ignored) idea that on the present course we'll be starting OVER again at QB NEXT season, regardless, I raise once more the suggestion that we begin to at least consider and prepare for "down the line"--and bring in the two freshmen for competition at QB, choosing one and beginning his preparation to lead a more dynamic offense in 2014. In this way, we may in fact be realistically building to what ALWAYS was the more likely "first chance on the horizon" at a Championship Run--ESPECIALLY with the new 4-team play-off due to debut.

Escambia94

I just realized something while watching film: these receivers do not block downfield. That is why there are multiple open receivers! Interesting.

roblou56

Gator Fan
You do not need a dynamic offense to win championships. You just need one that can execute the plays called without the mental errors and blown assignments. Take advantage of the opportunities that the defense presents. And just hit open receivers. I'm satisfied with Pease and his play calling. He's not the one missing open receivers or putting the ball on the ground. Minimize the mental errors and turnovers and this IS a championship ball club. Check the history on dynamic offenses in championship games during BCS era: '06 Ohio state. 45pts a game,' 08 Oklahoma team that averaged 60 pts a game but only scored 14 against UF. '09 Texas averaged 45, 2010 Oregon averaged 50. Where did they all end up?

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
Pease is a excellent offensive coordinator. I still think he is throttled by Champ who believes your can pound your to a win even if they stack 10 in the box. Shade of Woody Hayes and his 3 yards in a cloud of dust. ( Woody's teams were 1 yard short a lot of times). Even if we only run play action passes, slants as passing plays with 50 - 55% running we can keep a defense off balance. BUT we need receivers and a PASSER who can make good decisions quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema