• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

10 Best Songs To Listen To While The Gators Spank Alabama in the 2008 SECCG

GatorGal15

VIP Member
gators-logo.png

10. Sufjan Stevens - “Decatur”

The song’s shuffling tempo and plunking banjo don’t exactly scream “get psyched!” but it’s hard to find many songs that make glancing mention of a “wild alligator.” Yes, I realize that in context the lyric mentions that someone “caught” the aforementioned wild alligator, however Stevens neglects to finish that plot thread, which ends with the gator escaping captivity and brutally mauling 28 Alabama fans.

9. The Strokes - “Reptilia”

It’s pretty obvious that this song is a paean to the Florida Gators. For one thing, the title isn’t exactly subtle. Also, according to Wikipedia, Julian Casablancas attended the University of Florida and graduated “sumo good lawdy” with a degree in Sports Management. And that cool sliding-around, pre-chorus guitar riff is awesome just like the Gators are awesome. Coincidence? Hardly.

8. Death Cab For Cutie - “We Looked Like Giants”

Even though many fans of college football have commented that the Gators have the speed and power of an NFL team, Ben Gibbard was the first to put the sentiment to verse.

7. Santogold - “My Superman”

In the chorus of this creepy-sounding tune, Santi White sings, “Make it fly / Bless your soul.” I find it really sweet how she wrote this song for Tim Tebow and invites her superman to the make the football fly through the air into the hands of the Gators’ absurdly talented receiving squad. Don’t be surprised when she abruptly changes her stage name to Santo-blue-and-orange.

6. will.i.am - “Yes We Can”

I’ll concede that Barack Obama may not be a Gator fan (…yet!). After all, he went to law school at Harvard so he’s probably a huge Pilgrim fan, the prestigious university’s mascot being John Harvard, a pilgrim. But will.i.am’s inspiring YouTube hit reminds me why Americans gave the boot to Republicans in this past election. Not because of George W. Bush’s low approval rating. Isn’t it obvious? Because the Republican party—represented by the elephant—just so happens to be the official mascot of the University of Alabama.

5. Patty Griffin - “Florida”

Never mind. Scratch this one. I picked it because of the promising title, but then the lyrics go and say something about getting “the Tide to wash you away.” I had a feeling Patty would betray me one day. All the pretty girls do.

4. Beirut - “A Sunday Smile”

A beautiful song from Zach Condon detailing every Gator fan’s experience the day after Tebow and company annihilate yet another team that was allegedly pretty good before Percy Harvin and Jeff Demps left cleat-mark bruises all over their poor, beleaguered bodies. The seventh of December, 2008, promises yet another contented Sunday smile for the Gator nation.

3. Daft Punk - “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger”

When UF’s head coach Urban Meyer recruited French electronic musicians Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter to compose a song about the Gator football squad, he never expected it to be quite this funk-nasty.

2. Sigur Rós - That one song where you can’t understand what Jónsi is singing

Some people have claimed that, on the band’s early records, Sigur Rós’ frontman is singing in a made-up language called Hopelandic that is basically meaningless, cool-sounding gibberish. This is patently absurd. Jónsi personally explained to me during my last trip to Iceland that the phrase pronounced “eeeeeh sigh ohh” roughly translates to “Gator cheerleaders are freaking hot and I love how the University of Florida’s football team wins so easily and it’s about time our government makes Tebow an honorary Viking warrior.”

1. Coldplay - “42”

Chris Martin boldly predicts Florida's margin of victory over the Crimson Tide in Saturday’s match-up. We’ll have to wait a few days to see how severely he underestimated the Gators.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema