• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Young: Wilbekin ‘in a good place’

News Bot

News Bot
Florida senior Patric Young considers his senior 2010 classmates “like brothers.”

But Young admitted he was disappointed when senior point guard Scottie Wilbekin was suspended in the second time in the span of seven months last May for an undisclosed violation of team rules. Wilbekin is back practicing with the team but will face a game suspension of undisclosed length to start the 2013-14 season.

“You can’t play with fire and think you’re not going to get burned,” Young said during SEC basketball media days. “And first there was a little bit of disappointment but now through the process, I wanted him to get better, I wanted him to see, I wanted him to learn as a man to gain perspective of being a better person as well.”

Young said he visited Wilbekin a few times over the summer when he was forced away from the team and UF basketball facility as part of his suspension.

“Scottie is in a really good place right now,” Young said. ‘He’s been working his tail off trying to gain everyone else’s trust back and figure things out for himself about his life, life after basketball what he values outside of basketball, how his decisions not only affected himself or his teammates.”

Wilbekin has not been made available to the media since his second suspension.

“I think the remorse has hit him because he realizes the punishments that he has to go through,” Young said. “But if it makes him a better person in the end, that’s all you can really ask for.”

Source: GatorSports.com - Hoops Scoop

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema