• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

worst team I've ever seen

jamestoney84

Gator Fan
Blocking is terrible. The alabama players beat blocks left and right all game.

Something needs to be done about Pouncey and the whole snapping issue.

Brantley lacks major confidence as a SENIOR. Terrible decision making. I'd prefer him taken out and just rebuild the entire team with Trey Burton or someone else..seriously.

The gators can't put the ball in the redzone with First and Goal 1 yd away from the end zone. Pathetic

The running backs... wow. Something seriously needs done there asap.

The play calling is terrible especially dive plays

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Blocking is terrible. The alabama players beat blocks left and right all game.

Something needs to be done about Pouncey and the whole snapping issue.

Brantley lacks major confidence as a SENIOR. Terrible decision making. I'd prefer him taken out and just rebuild the entire team with Trey Burton or someone else..seriously.

The gators can't put the ball in the redzone with First and Goal 1 yd away from the end zone. Pathetic

The running backs... wow. Something seriously needs done there asap.

The play calling is terrible especially dive plays

Could you do better as the head coach?

jamestoney84

Gator Fan
I don't think brantley needs to be benched he needs a new oc

I'm just so angry at Brantley because of the last fumble he caused (the one a couple of yards from the red zone). He dropped the ball... that's fine, it has been happening all season, but he JUMPED on the ball and he had it in his hands. Guess what happens, an alabama player still takes it away because brantley is too weak
He's too fragile to me

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
i'm just so angry at brantley because of the last fumble he caused (the one a couple of yards from the red zone). He dropped the ball... That's fine, it has been happening all season, but he jumped on the ball and he had it in his hands. Guess what happens, an alabama player still takes it away because brantley is too weak
he's too fragile to me

cant disagree there. Whats crazy is he has been there for four years. Did the coaches totally ignore this kid and not try to develop him. No excuses.

The Zooker

VIP Member
The NFL might be a good source since our biggest offensive challenge will be Alabama's pro style 3-4 set. Guys in the NFL are working furiously to find holes in the new popular system.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
The NFL might be a good source since our biggest offensive challenge will be Alabama's pro style 3-4 set. Guys in the NFL are working furiously to find holes in the new popular system.

So in other words, the "pro-style" offense is the be-all-and-end-all, right?

The Zooker

VIP Member
And Loeffler needs to focus on getting Brantley ready to play. I just have a hard time ignoring his brilliant playcalling in the last Sugar Bowl. It was pure genius. Think of all the years USC had to beat up on a weak Big Ten school in the Rose Bowl. Well USC still never put up the offensive stats Loeffler did in the Sugar Bowl. So that excuses the fact that it was against Cincinnati.

The Zooker

VIP Member
So in other words, the "pro-style" offense is the be-all-and-end-all, right?

Not at all. I just think it would provide good insight on how to exploit pro style 3-4 defenses. We have Trey Burton. We need to run a spread option offense. But we also need to know how to beat Saban's 3-4. And right now, offensive coaches in the NFL spend more time analyzing that than anything else.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Not at all. I just think it would provide good insight on how to exploit pro style 3-4 defenses. We have Trey Burton. We need to run a spread option offense. But we also need to know how to beat Saban's 3-4. And right now, offensive coaches in the NFL spend more time analyzing that than anything else.

If the spread offense was ineffective, there's no way in hell that we would have won two National Championships. I could care less about the NFL; that's a league in itself - this is college football. So many fans think this is the end of the world, but it's not - and should we get a second chance we'll be better prepared the next time around.

The Zooker

VIP Member
If the spread offense was ineffective, there's no way in hell that we would have won two National Championships. I could care less about the NFL; that's a league in itself - this is college football. So many fans think this is the end of the world, but it's not - and should we get a second chance we'll be better prepared the next time around.

I'm not saying it's ineffective. I'm clearly stating that we need to stick with the spread. What I'm saying is that Saban and his 3-4 scheme is completely owning us. There are folks in the NFL who can still run a spread option offense with Florida but also give us insight on how to exploit 3-4 schemes. With Georgia switching to a 3-4, we are going to see more and more of it. Alabama is most likely going to win another national title and more teams in the SEC are going to pick up on it. It may be a good idea to hire somebody that is constantly studying the wrinkles of that system. The 3-4 is a system put in place to counter speedy offenses. We have a speedy offense so now we need somebody who can call plays to counter the 3-4. Saban is adjusting to us. We need to start adjusting to him. That's how coaching works.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
i'm not saying it's ineffective. I'm clearly stating that we need to stick with the spread. What i'm saying is that saban and his 3-4 scheme is completely owning us. There are folks in the nfl who can still run a spread option offense with florida but also give us insight on how to exploit 3-4 schemes. With georgia switching to a 3-4, we are going to see more and more of it. Alabama is most likely going to win another national title and more teams in the sec are going to pick up on it. It may be a good idea to hire somebody that is constantly studying the wrinkles of that system. The 3-4 is a system put in place to counter speedy offenses. We have a speedy offense so now we need somebody who can call plays to counter the 3-4. Saban is adjusting to us. We need to start adjusting to him. That's how coaching works.

spread works with a spread qb which we don't have. We don't have a consistent slot receiver or at least have not giving anyone a chance to become one. We are missing too many components to have a effective spread.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
A feasible solution: Perhaps we need to start using the two-QB system as we did back in '06. Chris Leak wasn't a prototypical "spread" QB, but when Tim Tebow came on board we had an added weapon. Maybe it's time to incorporate Burton into the offense a little more; sure that attempted jump pass was botched but at least he gave it a shot - had Reed been in the right place we would have scored six.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema