• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Will John Calipari Leave UK?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Over the past few weeks there have been a ton of rumors that Calipari might leave UK for the NBA - if he has the opportunity to coach LeBron James. Do you think he will go? Do you want him to go... or are you happy with what he's brought back to the SEC and the rivalry with UF?

MetalheadGCN

Gator Fan
No, I personally don't believe Calipari will ever coach in the NBA again. Look what he did last time he was here - Calipari coached New Jersey to one winning season.

Honestly, I think John Calipari is a college coach, not a professional one. They're much different animals. Granted, he isn't the cleanest coach, but he built one mother of a team with Memphis, and I think he'll take Kentucky places, too. Plus he's only been with Kentucky for one season. Calipari is staying at Kentucky.

AK Gator

Gator Fan
I agree with Metalhead that Calipari will stay put where he is. As for enjoying where he is at, anything that can make the SEC more powerful is alright with me. Might not help the Gators record against Kentucky, but playing stronger SEC competition will help the Gators in the long run.

SEC_Supreme

Gator Fan
My wife is a huge UK fan and I had been enjoying the fact I got to chide her over the basketball and football victories Florida was pulling in. That has probably come to an end for a while.

I watched several of UK's games with her last season and I have to say that it is definitely exciting ball to watch. Unfortunately for us (UF), UK will be this way for years. Cal will eventually try the NBA again, but I think he'll stay at UK for a long while. Hard to land a better job than that.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
the Miami Heat coach has been taking some heat already. who knows how long he will last. that opens the door for Cal.

robdog

Gator Fan
If the heat were to take anybody it would probably be someone like Pat Riley, someone with NBA experience.

I really can't see Riley coming down from his cozy suite and mixing it up with the players on the floor. It is a good idea in theory, but just not going to happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema