• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who Will Lead The Gators in 2010?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Over the last 3 years, the leaders of the Florida Gators football team have been quite clear. Tim Tebow on offense and Brandon Spikes on defense - they were vocal leaders in the locker room and led by example on the field (until Spikes eye gauged that Bulldog). There were never any doubts that when the Gators needed some pushing around or motivation it would be one of those two guys delivering. Now, Tebow and Spikes are gone and the Gators will need two new leaders to step up. Who will they be?

On offense, I think it's pretty clear that the leader needs to be John Brantley. He's not new to the team and knows the system well. The players have respect for him and should be ready to follow. The only thing that could hurt Brantley is if he doesn't pan out as a quarterback. It's hard to be a leader when you struggle on the field. Hopefully we won't have to deal with that.

On defense, there has been a lot of talk about senior safety Ahmad Black stepping up and filling that void Spikes left. With Major Wright, Joe Haden, Ryan Stamper, Carlos Dunlap and Jermaine Cunningham all gone... it's really up to Black.

GatorSports.com did a piece on Ahmad Black and captured some nice quotes:
<blockquote>"I need to take more of a leadership role this year," Black said. "I need to be more of a vocal leader and keep everybody in line. That was me last year, really, but I had a couple of guys helping me out. I'm just taking it more upon myself now."

"I'm just making sure everybody has their assignments down so that we can be a better football team than we are now," he said. "The young guys really look good. They are adjusting very well and they're coming along. They listen well and they take coaching real well."

Black said he is happy with his decision to return for his final season.

"I talked to the coaches and talked to my family, and we all sat down and made the right decision for me to come back," he noted. "I sat down with the people I trust, so it really wasn't that difficult."</blockquote>
Who do you think will step up and lead the Gators on offense and defense? Post a comment and let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema