• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Urban Meyer’s wife tells Gator fans to ‘get over it’

News Bot

News Bot
Urban Meyer won 65 games, three SEC championships and two national titles during his six seasons as the head coach of the Florida Gators. Yet, there is still lingering resentment within the Gators’ fan base regarding how Meyer left the program. Meyer’s wife, Shelley Meyer, isn’t happy with the grief her husband still has to…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Um, TOO DAMN BAD, woman! You're just bein' the "good and loyal wife", as always--I get that. In fact, I honor it...but it makes your statements, protestations and POV, current and past, completely irrelevant here. You were ALWAYS gonna be a good Gator, Buckeye or whatever, before or since, for the duration of his stay. Beyond that, your duties , including bestowing absolution, rationale etc. for whatever your husband does, did, "must do" in the future, are between you and he. Don't mean sh*t to us--so YOU "get over it"! Goes with the territory.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I also blame that 2011 TOSU for choking. That team was too good to be 6-7, they beat Wisconsin (who went to the Rose Bowl that year). Also Mrs. Meyer said if Atlanta fans if they still hate Bobby Petrino or Miami fans hate Nick Saban (who am I kidding most fans HATE Saban). WVU with Rich Rod.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Thankful for what he did at uf , but am still mad he lied to get to Ohio state. Just say its your dream job and you can't handle the Sec anymore. The truth shall set you free

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Thankful for what he did at uf , but am still mad he lied to get to Ohio state. Just say its your dream job and you can't handle the Sec anymore. The truth shall set you free

Don't know if I go that far with couldn't handle the SEC because his teams did won titles here (should've won one more). Just don't like he quit because of health issue then a year later he's better.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Sec is so much harder than big ten is what I meant about not being able to handle it. Easier path to national championship in big ten

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
My thing here (and it might sound petty, but she raised the issue) is along lines off, "Hey, YOU get over it!", for all the reasons mentioned here...I mean, I guess he earned his "Urban Liar" tag here at UF, too, and if she chooses to play the dutiful, loyal wife, well, fine--but don't expect US to be blind to what he did, how he did it, and the truths that were so revealed. And it goes on, no matter what she chooses to see, and how she (selectively) interprets/rationalizes it.
Thanks for the Championships, Urb, and for all the talented young men you brought in who got it done for and with you. But you bailed in a sleazy, weak-willed sort of way, with so little honor that it undid much of what you accomplished in both personal and practical ways--and left us at least as bad as you found us, in a real hole. It left a bad taste, overall, and looking ahead, it wouldn't surprise a lot of us to see a repeat performance, even a pattern of "success-before-breakdown" and eventual trouble-before-exit ahead of trouble and hidden-but-inevitable consequences.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema