• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Uneven Gator offense limps out of spring finale

News Bot

News Bot
While three former Florida Heisman-winning quarterbacks had their statues unveiled Saturday during halftime of the annual Orange and Blue Debut, all 53,000 sets of eyes in attendance were on the current state of the position under new offensive coordinator Charlie Weis. Based on the early returns, it’s a good thing the season opener is still…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

robdog

Gator Fan
Is it weird that I have a decent amount of confidence with Weis going into this season? I think he is going to be way more comfortable with college players than pro players. Here's to hoping his offense kicks some @ss!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I will have confidence in Weis' offense when I see players Weis recruited, or players who were never around the championship teams.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I couldn't help but laugh: over there at the NBC-Blog they talk about Brantley and "performance anxiety", and the idea that he "might not function as well in a game situation", like this is a new red flag on the horizon. Hell, it's long been a given here at the "Envy": that was LAST year's analysis! By now it seems he may have too much "on the line" even in the Spring Game (excuse me, "The Orange and Blue Debut")--there's no disguising mediocrity, and the coaches are down to really reaching for angles to build his confidence in the aftermath (a la "Well, we've calculated he DID have nearly a 70% completion rate during the entire spring..." Never mind that no one else saw it, and there's no indication of how that figure was arrived at in the first place; it isn't really aimed at us, but rather mainly at Brantley himself..."You see? It's not so bad. We believe in you...")

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It seems that the rest of the world has figured it out. I am trying to be patient with the new staff, so I will sit back and watch what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema