• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Uncertain about future, Grossman says he'd like to be back with Bears

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Rex Grossman was in the Super Bowl only 10 months ago. Now his future with the Chicago Bears is uncertain. His season is likely over after spraining his left knee and he doesn't have a contract for next year.

"I'd like to be back here if I'm wanted back here," Grossman said Tuesday. "We'll see what goes on."

The Bears are 5-8 and out of the playoff picture. Grossman, a first-round pick in 2003, said he wants to be where he can compete for the starting job.

He's had an erratic season, losing the job after three games, regaining it after Brian Griese was hurt and then having another season cut short by injury.

His second and third years were also sidetracked by a knee ligament injury and a broken ankle. This time, he sprained his leftknee against the Redskins in the first quarter last Thursday.

Now, he's forced to watch from the sidelines again. Kyle Orton has moved in to start Monday night's game against Minnesota Vikings, with Brian Griese the backup.

"I think you're always proving yourself, and I definitely would like to be in a situation anywhere where I'm competing for the starting job and show what I can do, and just kind of improve and take the experience that I've had throughout the last couple years and build upon that," Grossman said Tuesday.

"I know I can play good football, so if I'm in a position where I can compete next July, I'll be happy."

Grossman completed 122 of 225 passes for 1,411 yards with four TD passes and seven interceptions in eight games this season, seven as a starter. In his career he's passed for 5,907 yards with 33 interceptions and 31 TD passes in 32 games, 30 as a starter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3150453

Swampman

VIP Member
He could always end up being a stop gap in Atlanta or Miami. There are other options, but I think it's safe to say the Bears are done with him.

UFboy207

Gator Fan
He could always end up being a stop gap in Atlanta or Miami. There are other options, but I think it's safe to say the Bears are done with him.

i agree. i like grossman and he has alot of qualities other qbs have. like brett favre, he takes lots of chances and loves to throw the deep ball. i think if you put him in a position with a unstoppable reciever or 2 he could be a pro bowler

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema