• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The U got lucky again

Leakfan12

VIP Member
They only lost nine scholarships in three years and no bowl ban. I don't know what their doing (my guess is sending money and/or hookers to the NCAA officials) but they get off easy while another program would have gotten harsher penalties. I'm sure self sanctions helped them but would it helped like Indiana, South Florida (where Nevin Shapiro actually when to school) or another lesser football program. I doubt it heck I believe that USF would have gotten the death penalty (or close to it) if he stayed in Tampa. Seems they been getting away with time and time again. I wouldn't be surprise The U did the same crap that Florida did during the time Gators got punished in the mid-1980's and the U got away with it. Was it the only time a program was punished during that season. Then again the guys in charge of UF could have challenged the ruling especially with the punishment being handed down by guys with an axe to grind against Florida or at least strike a deal to be able to play the bowl game. Jerry Tankanian said it the best "The mob had stronger morals than the NCAA,"

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Now there is a precedent for cheating, gaining a big advantage, designating a fall guy, then self-imposing punishment. I nominate Brent Pease as our fall guy.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Man, I KNEW it--it's just so infuriatingly predictable given their president's connection to certain political powers-that-be and their AD's to the Infractions committee--but it STILL makes me sick, even as it puts the final touch to an impression of overall NCAA irrelevance and impotency. They are each a "bad joke", "da Eeewww" AND the NCAA.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema