• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

THE SUNDAY BLOG, WEEK 13

News Bot

News Bot
The Sunday Blog comes at you a little later than usual. What do you want? We got home from Tallahassee at 4 a.m.

* I’m sure that there a lot of people ready to divorce the Gators or at least this offensive staff. I always love the emails that rip into the coaches and players and finish with “Go Gators!” I get your angst. Florida offenses haven’t been fun to watch since Tim Tebow’s senior year. What makes it even more galling for the Gator Nation is that it looks around it and sees points being scored like they were being away at Publix. This weekend, 34 teams scored at least 40 points, 15 scored at least 60, six scored at least 60 and three scored at least 70. Pittsburgh scored 76 in a conference game and didn’t even get the most (Middle Tennessee had 77).

* And here are a couple of great stats for you — Florida now ranks 114th in the nation in total offense and 118th in explosive plays. Maybe Steve Spurrier needs to move from the third floor to the second. Look, Jim McElwain has done a wonderful job getting these guys to commit to each other and believe in themselves. But the play-calling and decision making have to be re-evaluated. It’s not working.

* If you’re going to lose, at least lose like Butch Jones does — spectacularly. You know, give up more than 600 yards to Vanderbilt. That’s the way to lose. At least we should not be exposed to anymore summer hype about the Kardashians. And I am officially putting Jones on the hot seat. He’s about to have a new athletic director. His teams have underachieved the last two years. That’s got warmth written all over it.

* By the way, Vanderbilt’s 45 points were the most the Commodores have scored in an SEC game since 1971. I know Derek Mason was happy, but he might have overstated things a bit when he said, “Fear the V. Vanderbilt is back.” Back where?

The post THE SUNDAY BLOG, WEEK 13 appeared first on Dooleys Desk.

Source: GatorSports.com - Dooley's Desk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema