• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Official Kurt Roper Thread

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Team, I do not think that Kurt is that bad. I just believe that he needs to develop Treon, and recruit a better Oline.
I'm for giving him a shot--right now.
Muschamp hasn't given him that "shot", certainly not what Roper AND all of US were given to understand was the very reason he was being brought in. Now I am "given to understand" that the relationship between Head Coach and his OC has, well, the words used were "civil, but distant", the result of a growing strain between them. There have been a series of closed-door meetings, Roper emerging from the Coach's office with serious "poker face"--a far cry from the congenial, door-open comradarie of last spring, even as late as summer two-a-days.
As I've said elsewhere that, should Muschamp be fired, I doubt Roper would show the kind of "honorable loyalty" of refusing the job himself if offered. He might well have under other circumstances; still might, but more because of the difficulties in "fixing" anything well enough to get the "interim tag" removed by the end of the season. Not without either some kind of guarantee, or at least the feeling that he WAS "getting a fair shot" at keeping the job. Don't see how Foley at least could make that kind of promise now--or Roper be unaware of the potential near-worthlessness of said promises, in the event. Still a chance he might do it just as an "audition" for the "step up" with someone else, though.
But HOLY SH*T, who ISN'T for seeing what we could do from here on out with Roper in charge and Treon in there, no looking over his shoulder, rest of the way. Damn sight more interesting than what we're facing now.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I think Roper will get his chance (well depending who the Gators hired as head coach). Anybody think if Dan Mullen comes back, Roper will stay?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Kurt Roper is not going to be on the Gator coaching staff next year. The next coach is going to look at these offensive coaches and realize that none of them have developed talent or recruited talent in years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema