• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow second in Heisman poll

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The trend of instability continued at the top of the weekly Scripps Howard Heisman Trophy poll. For the eighth consecutive week, there is a new leader as Oregon quarterback Dennis Dixon took control after Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan...

More...

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
The trend of instability continued at the top of the weekly Scripps Howard Heisman Trophy poll. For the eighth consecutive week, there is a new leader as Oregon quarterback Dennis Dixon took control after Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan...

More...

He should be first but Dixon's team has less loses.

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
I think he should be first, and if he has another game like he did last weekend he'll be first then ;)

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
Well, I'm not sure what to say here other than I think "if" tebow stays healthy he'll have a good chance, but playing him when he's not exactly a 100% could ruin everything for him. So I know everyone wants a SEC east title possibly a SEC title, but whats more important, those title or tebows health? course now he played like a heisman winnner last weekend, but all it takes is one cheap shot. lets pray that doesn't happen.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Well, I'm not sure what to say here other than I think "if" tebow stays healthy he'll have a good chance, but playing him when he's not exactly a 100% could ruin everything for him. So I know everyone wants a SEC east title possibly a SEC title, but whats more important, those title or tebows health? course now he played like a heisman winnner last weekend, but all it takes is one cheap shot. lets pray that doesn't happen.

Honestly, I would love to say "I guarantee Tebow wins the Heisman by the time he leaves UF", but I have seen to much wacky stuff like injuries (Adrian Peterson), class (Adrian Peterson freshman, Rex Grossman Sophomore), and robbery (Vince Young) happen to guarantee Tebow wins the Heisman.:p ;)

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
You know what tim needs more than anything, politics he needs the analysis people, ESPN leo corso kurt herbstreit etc.....what I'm saying IMO I don't think Troy Smith was good enough to win the heisman last year, and we proved that, but if you noticed, they built him UP since say 1 of last years week 1.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
You know what tim needs more than anything, politics he needs the analysis people, ESPN leo corso kurt herbstreit etc.....what I'm saying IMO I don't think Troy Smith was good enough to win the heisman last year, and we proved that, but if you noticed, they built him UP since say 1 of last years week 1.

I agree. Last year Troy Smith was #1 Heisman contender, went undefeated with a DECENT statistical season and a few key plays and won it going away. If Tebow wins it this year or even if he doesn't, he will go into next season as the Heisman front-runner. That will help his cause for sure.:bananapowerslide:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema