• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow getting the go ahead in todays game!!

dtspecial

Gator Fan
Timmy tebow gettin the start against the lowly raiders. He isnt doing to bad either. Eveybody in the league wanted to hate a running qb but its looking to me like that will be the future of nfl qb's...am i wrong????

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Timmy tebow gettin the start against the lowly raiders. He isnt doing to bad either. Eveybody in the league wanted to hate a running qb but its looking to me like that will be the future of nfl qb's...am i wrong????

I think it is evovling....and despite the outcome he has had a great first game!

DunnellonDave

Gator Fan
Last time I checked the rest of the team had 26 rushes for 28 yards. You can't win like that and add no defense the outcome is as expected but Tim did great in his first start.

sbq80

VIP Member
Dude your "BENCH BRANTLEY" is way wrong. He is a pure QB, may be one of the best UF QBs ever in the NFL. Not his fault (well sorta is for staying but cant fault his love for UF) hes not Tebow, he a passer. Meyer has ONLY had success with an Alex Smith or a Tim Tebow style QBs in college. HE haad NO idea or was not willing? to adapt to his style. (Not sure why he would recruit him in the 1st place??????????????????) Im pretty sure your bench Barntley comment will be removed after next season!

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Dude your "BENCH BRANTLEY" is way wrong. He is a pure QB, may be one of the best UF QBs ever in the NFL. Not his fault (well sorta is for staying but cant fault his love for UF) hes not Tebow, he a passer. Meyer has ONLY had success with an Alex Smith or a Tim Tebow style QBs in college. HE haad NO idea or was not willing? to adapt to his style. (Not sure why he would recruit him in the 1st place??????????????????) Im pretty sure your bench Barntley comment will be removed after next season!

You're forgetting, he also had success with Chris Leak (remember the QB in the championship year of 2006). They (Meyer and company) adjusted the playbook after the second loss in 2005 to fit Leak. Problem was for some reason they couldn't do that for Brantley.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

"...may be one of the best UF QBs ever in the NFL"???
You have NOTHING to base that on except his rep from highschool. Frankly, I'm WAY sick of hearing that sort of thing. First of all, he had his chances here at UF, and did nothing with them. Sure, coaching let him down in all the ways well-documented and analyzed throughout this past season, but that was HIM overthrowing every receiver he had in the open with time to throw to him, HIM missing the WR isolated on a single linebacker from the line of scrimmage, repeatedly not even looking that guy's way, and so on, ad infinitum. His biggest failure, though, and why John Brantley is such a disappointment with so little apparent upside from this point on, is his clear lack of heart, his dearth of leadership. I don't care what he does AFTER he leaves the Gators, but I doubt it will be much, at least on a football field. I suppose he could stay and get the chance in the spring to claim the starting job, and ultimately prove me and all the rest who feel as I do wrong. Muschamp will give him that opportunity, if he wants it--but that alone, stepping up to compete, with no promises, against a complete freshman, plus a couple of guys who weren't recruited for or expected to BE quarterbacks before this past season, best man wins the job (for now), even that may require more take-charge-determination and character than #12 has demonstrated.
Look, it would be better for us if he DID grow a pair, come back strong and take the job, make it his in the new coach's new scheme. It just wouldn't surprise me, wouldn't be out of character for the guy we watched this season to bail, go somewhere where he (and/or his family) feels his future is somehow more secure--maybe Jacksonville U, where his old highschool coach is now in charge: he can be a big fish in a small pond, more within his comfort zone. Yeah, THAT will get him NFL-ready, right?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
In the context of the 2010 Gators, Brantley should have been benched. He studied the spread-option for 3 years under Tebow. His team was recruited for the spread-option. It's what his coaches know. To expect the other 50 players and 5 coaches to convert the team to a perfect fit for Brantley is unreasonable. JB had his chances to learn the spread-option and he blew those chances. Chris Leak figured it out. There is no excuse for Brantley. Even in plays where the offense lined up in the I he was missing receivers.

Fast forward to 2011. He has a shot to prove he has "it". He also has competition for the spot and no "get out of jail free card" under new coaches. I'd still remind the new coaches that the fans don't want JB anointed the starter--we want him to earn it. Bad things happen when football decisions are made through politics and the coaches are stubborn.

Back on topic--Tebow watched Orton and learned quite a bit in an offense not suited for him. Isn't this what we ask of our players?

austingator

Gator Fan
Just wanted to give a shoutout to another Florida rookie in Aaron Hernandez. He's having one helluva season with the Pro Gators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
In the context of the 2010 Gators, Brantley should have been benched. He studied the spread-option for 3 years under Tebow. His team was recruited for the spread-option. It's what his coaches know. To expect the other 50 players and 5 coaches to convert the team to a perfect fit for Brantley is unreasonable. JB had his chances to learn the spread-option and he blew those chances. Chris Leak figured it out. There is no excuse for Brantley. Even in plays where the offense lined up in the I he was missing receivers.

Fast forward to 2011. He has a shot to prove he has "it". He also has competition for the spot and no "get out of jail free card" under new coaches. I'd still remind the new coaches that the fans don't want JB anointed the starter--we want him to earn it. Bad things happen when football decisions are made through politics and the coaches are stubborn.

Back on topic--Tebow watched Orton and learned quite a bit in an offense not suited for him. Isn't this what we ask of our players?

Exactly.
(And BTW, I only saw highlights, but TT looked GOOD doing it, too!)

mjfan23

VIP Member
Dunlap is starting to figure it out here in Cincy. watching him play the last few weeks has been awesome.

Escambia94

Exactly.
(And BTW, I only saw highlights, but TT looked GOOD doing it, too!)

I watched every Tebow snap. He looked good for the most part, given a very vanilla playbook. The playcalling resembled Addazio's.

Here are some BIG problems with the Broncos that did not help Tebow's cause:

- No receivers other than Lloyd. Timmy hit a running back in the hands, in the end zone, in stride--dropped. Granted, Timmy's first three passes were bad. The other 13 were good. That TD pass was friggin' GREAT!

- No run support. On the play that resulted in a safety, Tebow stated that the playbook called for a primary give to Buckhalter run up the middle, with a secondary give to some other running back. Either play would have been swallowed up by that Raider defense.

- Offensive line sucks. Beadles alone let anyone come right on through as if he were the doorman at a club.

- No defense. None. I mean, they have 11 guys line up dressed like a defense. I think. They move like JV cheerleaders.

Next week, the Broncos will lose again, even if Timmy pitches a perfect game.

I would hate to be accused of being a Tebow fanboy, so I tried to analyze the game objectively. He had a 100.6 QB passer rating, which is good for a first start. Throw in his 76 yards rushing, and he had a good day. Until the very end of the game when the rest of the Broncos gave up, Timmy's stats were well above Campbell's. At the end, it was hard for any QB to win that game--the team does not know how to win games.

Escambia94

I saw that! idk bout you guys but im seeing a win for tebow an the broncos...24-17.

Gimme your score predictions??

Nothing against Tebow, but the Texans will see the Broncos offense and squash them. No defense to stand up the the Texans. No running game unless the Broncos OC lets Tebow be the running game. One receiver that can catch simplifies coverage. Timmy can't win on his own like he did in college. I expect another loss, even if Timmy pitches a perfect game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema