• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Talk of the Town": Thoughts on Super Bowl Sunday

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Typing away at the laptop yet again.......

Gang, it's a little over 15 minutes to the start of the Super Bowl broadcast after all the, um, pre-game "festivities"; I'm anxious for the game to actually get underway and hearing The Who at halftime. I happen to be an aficionado of classic rock, and the last time I was in Hoggetowne I had a CD of theirs playing on my car stereo. (A little trivia: the drummer, Zak Starkey, is former Beatle great Ringo Starr's oldest son.)

We compiled one awesome recruiting class last week; big props go out to Coach Meyer and his staff for a job well done - in spite of all the media nonsense, the ridiculous rumors floating around and the negative recruiting by rival coaches, we still came through in the end by pulling in the #1 consensus class based on how many of the outlets ranked them. I'm really looking forward to seeing how well the early enrollees can adapt to the college game this spring as well as the rest of the class later this summer.

I admit I was as shocked as were others when DC George Edwards decided to jump ship and return to the NFL under Chan Gailey at Buffalo; based on what I've read and heard he really wasn't that much of a factor in the recruiting process and showed little interest in that duty as outlined on his job description. My thoughts: If he wasn't really keen on participating in the recruiting process as is expected of any coach at the college level, he should have thought of this before he accepted the position at UF. I'm inclined to think that the new DC will be promoted from within with a defensive position coach brought in from the outside, but that decision will ultimately be made by the proper staff members.

I also won't be surprised to see and read continued media hype about the Tebows' Super Bowl ads; I did see the first ad broadcast with Tim and Pam Tebow (there's a link to a video of the commercial posted in the <a href="http://www.gatorenvy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6">football forum</a>) and saw nothing controversial about a mother's love for her son - and I really wish everybody would stop making such a big deal about it. As I've said before, Tim Tebow is entitled to exercise his First Amendment rights as is everybody else, and whether you agree with his point of view or not he cannot be begrudged his right to freedom of expression. (Halfway through the 2nd quarter update:  Nothing wrong with the second one where Pam gets tackled, either.  To be honest, I'd rather watch these commercials instead of the other insipid crap these "geniuses" on Madison Avenue have come up with.)

Anyway, enjoy the game - hoping the Saints win and another former Gator (Bobby McCray) can earn a Super Bowl ring!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema