• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Talk of the Town": Thoughts on a Tuesday

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Typing away at the laptop.........

Tim Tebow's in the news again and under the scrutiny of the media as well; not only because he's prepping for the Senior Bowl, but also for that Super Bowl commercial he made with his mother Pam. Apparently there are some feminist groups opposed to the pro-life theme as well as having issues with the group Focus on the Family (some have gone so far as saying that FOTF preaches subjugation and submissiveness of women) demanding that CBS pull the ad from being aired during this year's Super Bowl. During a presser, Tim made a point about standing up what he believes in without coming across as too "preachy", as he puts it - and I admire him for that. Regardless of whether or not one has doctrinal issues with Tim's religious beliefs, he's still protected under the First Amendment just as you and I are - and don't anybody forget that.

As far as his Senior Bowl practices go, he didn't have the kind of practice he had hoped for having fumbled snaps under center, but unlike the media pundits I'm not putting the cart before the horse and prematurely passing judgment on him and his future NFL marketability. So what if he had one bad practice - he has room to improve and fine-tune his skills before Saturday's game and both the NFL Draft Combine and Pro Day workouts later this spring.

Wouldn't you know the Birmingham Blowhard (also known as Paul Finebaum) is at it again, bashing Urban Meyer as a "waffler" because of the fact that he retracted his original decision to retire in late December, and all these caustic tirades continue just because Coach won't grant this petulant overgrown child an interview - yet even if Meyer were to give in and lower himself to talk to Finebaum, he'd likely give this hack short shrift after all the vitriol he's been spewing. What I don't understand is why somebody from the Florida beat refuses to be brave enough to defend our territory as well as stick up for Coach Meyer and take this Saban-apologist down; those who have tried simply turned the other cheek and wouldn't stand up to him, and it's about time a pro-Gator journalist with enough nerve gave him a good dose of his own medicine in my opinion - that, and be told as Joan Rivers would likely tell him, "Aw, GROW UP!" (Just my thoughts, but I'll bet this coward wouldn't have the guts to say the vile things he does about Coach Meyer straight to his face.)

Nice to see <a href="http://www.gatorenvy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12171">Riley Cooper at the Senior Bowl</a> as well (I only wish I could be there in Mobile right now writing my blog); apparently he feels that he has a future in football and was pleased with the numbers he put up this year. Looking back, it was a wise decision for him to have returned to the Gators last fall as he was a key playmaker on offense and an essential member of this team. Here's hoping he can impress the scouts.

<a href="http://www.gatorenvy.com/forums/showthread.php?p=50243">National Signing Day</a> is coming up a week from tomorrow, and I'm keeping a watchful eye on the latest developments. Here's hoping our coaching staff can retain the commitments we have to-date as well as perhaps sign some surprises that could put the Class of 2010 well over the top. I'm also looking forward to hearing Hollywood Bob Redman speak at an event sponsored by the Central Florida Gator Club the following evening and get his take on NSD as well as be brought up to date on other news involving Gator football.

Oh well, enough for a day. Back to work..............................

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema