• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Talk of the Town": Thoughts before kickoff

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Typing away at the laptop (<em>ad-libitum</em> this time; no handwritten notes in front of me).....

Anxiously awaiting our SEC kickoff at 3:30 Eastern time today against Tennessee; however, am NOT looking forward to listening to Verne Lundquist, who's one announcer I cannot stand...hoping our kids can show what they're made of, play their game and win this one in hostile territory as many of our current players are rookie road-warriors today.

Was nice to read on Twitter that both Florida and Vol players joined together for a pre-game prayer; something like that <strong>never</strong> would have happened if Lane Kiffin was still in Knoxville. Nice gesture and a show of good sportsmanship on both sides.

Sad to hear this morning that an awesome Gator blog, "Saurian Sagacity", is saying farewell to cyberspace; best wishes and <em>mucha suerte</em> to Gator alum Henry Gomez, who was one of the originators of that blog and a true Gator fan. Will sadly miss this one.

As usual, I offered a Rosary and prayer for our Gators at my church as part of a pre-game ritual I started a couple of years ago; it's always brought about something good for our boys in the Orange and Blue, and it's something I intend to keep on doing. These kids need all the support they can get from everybody in Gator Nation, no matter what the outcome of any game may be, and I'm more than happy to continue to do my part.

Anyway, as I'm writing it's about an hour and a half from the start of the game on CBS; let's make it a good one, guys!

<strong>GO GATORS!!!!!</strong>

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema