• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Talk of the Town": Monday musings

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Typing away at the laptop over my morning coffee.........

Looks like it's the Colts and the Saints going head-to-head in Miami for the Super Bowl; I'll bet Archie Manning's one happy camper today. Pulling for the Saints; I was hoping it would have been the Vikings and the Jets, though. We still have a former Gator (Bobby McCray) headed to the big show (N.O.), but it would have been nice to see Percy Harvin get a shot at a SB ring as a rookie. As much as I'm not crazy about New York-based teams, we had Lito Sheppard on Rex Ryan's squad who is one of my all-time favorite Gators. I like to see guys who once played for Coach Meyer on other teams do well; their starting nose tackle (Sione Pouha) played for Meyer at Utah and was part of that undefeated team who went on to be the BCS busters of 2004 with that Fiesta Bowl win.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I happen to be a baby-boomer. I remember back when the Saints were the "Aints", the perennial cellar-dwellers of the NFL. Things were so bad one season that fans began wearing paper grocery bags on their heads; they went for a long winless stretch one season in the early 1980's. Gotta say they made a smart decision to hire Sean Payton as their head coach and made some wise draft choices to build that franchise. Nice to see the city of NOLA rally around them as they recovered from Hurricane Katrina back in '05; if anything, they've served as a huge morale boost. Anyway, good luck to them in their first-ever Super Bowl appearance and I'm pulling for them to take all the marbles.

Raady for more of Tim Tebow? He'll be playing in this weekend's Senior Bowl with his teammate/roommate Riley Cooper. Hoping that perhaps ESPN will pick up the game; I've heard it's on NFL Network.

Speaking of Timmy, the Super Bowl ad he and his mother made for Focus on the Family has received its share of media backlash and criticism from others because of the strong pro-life overtones it'll convey. I give a high-five to Timmy for sticking up for his Christian beliefs and letting the criticism roll right off his back. Hey, too bad if Tebow refuses to espouse the libertine lifestyle some of his future NFL cohorts practice or it doesn't quite fit the professional culture - he knows who he is and that won't change. Living right didn't hurt Kurt Warner one bit; his rags-to-riches story is a legend in itself.

Getting anxious for National Signing Day next week; here's hoping the Gators can add a couple more top-notch recruits to this already stellar class that could turn out to be one of Florida's best ever. Any more questions on who the REAL master recruiter is?

Anyway, time for a refill - have a great week, gang! Until next time.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema