• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Talk of the Town": GREAT NEWS on a Saturday night and other stuff

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I'm sitting here typing away on the laptop while watching the Florida-South Carolina men's basketball game on a cool Orlando night, and just heard some WONDERFUL news from the ESPN announcers as well as updates on Twitter - Coach Meyer plans on coaching during the upcoming spring practice! When the camera was on him, he had a healthier glow to his face and seemed happier as well - not to mention that he's officially earned the right to be called a "master recruiter" based on this stellar class shaping up come National Signing Day which is two weeks away. (Looks like he may have colored his hair too; I had noticed that he was starting to go slightly gray around his temples this season.) There'll also be a post about it in the Football forum as well.

I had to laugh out loud at Brian Griese's comment about Tim Tebow not having the arm strength or the footwork to succeed in the NFL during the East-West Shrine Game broadcast - as if his own NFL career was that stellar that he can pass judgment like that on Timmy before he has a chance to play in front of NFL coaches in next weekend's Senior Bowl and the NFL Combine. Brian, if you were half the quarterback that your dad Bob was I'd give you a pass but I won't show you any mercy here. Funny thing, your dad once said that Tim has a shot of making it in the pros.

And the hits keep coming for Tennessee - their men's basketball team was upset by Georgia tonight, and based on another tweet I received, Dawg fans were chanting "Lane Kiffin" to taunt the Vol faithful. Talk about rubbing more salt into a wound...........

Read that Percy Harvin made the trip to NOLA with the Vikings for tomorrow's game against the Saints; I hope he'll be able to play. Would be nice to see Minnesota get another shot at the Super Bowl, and if they do, I'd love to see them WIN all the marbles for once. Hey, if the Denver Broncos could do it after a few tries and misses, there's no reason why the Vikes can't do it as well.

And how is YOUR weekend so far?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema