• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

swamp or bust

awebbf5

VIP Member
Well guys I will be leaving Lexington tomorrow with another fellow gator fan and a cat fan for my first game at the swamp. Been to the swamp one time before during the off season when I was at fletc about five years ago. I'm super excited and can't wait! My question is what are the things you have to do in Gainesville and where are the good places to eat? Any suggestions are much appreciated. Let's go Gators!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@awebbf5,
Hey aweb: thought of you and what you go thru' on a regular basis up there in Lexington, to judge by the talk and coverage coming out of that town and its fans of UK...the comments following a ludicrous "statistical-rating-based analysis" on SB Nation's "Sea of Blue" suggesting that UK is TWICE the team this season's Gators is, based on data from games played thus far-- btw proving Harry Truman's declaration, "There are Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics."--comments that further highlight the general environment in which Jojo made HIS to-me WELCOME Big Smack.
Any chance that past dominance and NEXT week's opponent could have had our guys looking past the Wildcats, no matter WHAT the coaches told them and what the players told themselves and the world for PUBLIC consumption at least, all that, any CHANCE of a "trap" went out the window, thank you very much. I think a talented , progressing KY team WILL show some spark, may even give us a game and a scare--for a quarter, quarter-and-a-half tops. Here's where that killer D, something way unlike what UK has feasted on so far, makes its first "difference", and THEIR defense should offer US, our offense, some chances to continue our rise, show more of what Roper's scheme, with a healthy JD, speedy WRs and a multi-headed MONSTER at RB can do. Prediction: Party time in the 2nd half--but say it quietly, for now: Let these suddenly self-congratulatory braggarts go on fooling themselves . Never wise to tweak a sleeping Gator. Their one forlorn hope was to tiptoe by. Now they've blown even that. Have a blast, man! (as if THAT wasn't gonna happen...)

awebbf5

VIP Member
You don't even know dru lol. Their not usually to bad in football season its usually basketball season when the obnoxious fans come out, but now they have won two games in a row and they think their a football powerhouse lol. Its even worse for me in basketball season being a duke fan, but being born and raised here you kinda get used to the same lousy punch line they throw at you. I agree with their best shot was to tip toe catch us maybe overlooking them and focusing on bama, but that ain't happening now.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Just getting out of Atlanta rt now so getting closer to gator country :). Thanks dru and without a doubt I will. Hoping the football gods smile down on me and I run in to Mr. Tebow lol. O and by the way dru you as you know Tennessee is my most hated rival it was fun to drive in Knoxville with a gator license plate on the car and stop at bojangles to eat with all my gator gear on :)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(and to quote Sherrill Crowe, albeit in a diff context entirely, "...the after-party's sure to be a wingding..." Try to get in some tailgate-time before and, if poss time- and energy-wise, get out for a bit of club-and-street drinking and carousing post game (of course, in my day the GPD actually turned a benevolent eye away from the "letter-of-the-law" about such things on nights-after-late-game victories...Not so sure you can count on the same "atmosphere" nowadays...Got a feelin' you and yours'll manage, somehow though)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema