• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Steve Spurrier retires

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I'm surprised he didn't wait until the end of the season though unsure if I can blame him with the season those C---S are going through. Then again another ex-gator coach stuck with the Gators in 2010 until after the season. I guess you can make a case either way really. Anyway, enjoy retirement coach.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What a day. Guess it'll be easy to remember BOTH "news events", each in relation to the other.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Love the last post/link.
Now, the one thing I'd like to say in response to all the media jerks saying "he quit on his team": SS does whatever he does for his own reasons, there were a number of things going on that were affecting his growing disappointment and disaffection with the ATTITUDES of his players, his utter HATRED of losing, and I think once he was done, he was DONE--and also wants to give his coaches a chance to move up, get the spotlight/centerstage given all that.
But more than anything else, to those yapping fools I'd simply remind one and all, he doesn't care WHAT any of them think about ANYTHING he does. Never did. Maybe THAT'S their real beef.
(Btw, for myself, some time back I started looking at SS the same way he seemed to view us: a nice, fun part of our past, a fun time--but not ours anymore. Easier that way.)

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Agreed @DRU2012 I know I mentioned another ex-gator coach but then again he might as well resigned after 2009 season or left during the 2010 season because he saw a shell of his former self. At least OBC had sense to leave than stick it out and doing a half-hearted job.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Agreed @DRU2012 I know I mentioned another ex-gator coach but then again he might as well resigned after 2009 season or left during the 2010 season because he saw a shell of his former self. At least OBC had sense to leave than stick it out and doing a half-hearted job.
Exactly.
Now, how that "other coach" handled it all, and the REAL why's of how he did it, well, that's a whole tale of how and why WE don't like him now, am I right? Two different men, fundamentally ("man" and "weasel", in my view--but that's maybe just me).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Also the USCalifornia coach was fired.
Btw, I went to grad school at USC--but NEVER considered myself a "Trojan"-- on the contrary...I've talked before about my pleasure and good fortune of graduating from UF, then making the move to CA just in time for USC to go into G-ville to play us in the front end of an historic home-and-home: Cleaned UP taking $ in bets with my arrogant new "colleagues", who in those days of limited regional telecasts had no idea we hicks played (as I drawled to them at the time leading UP to the game) "a purty good brand o' football in the SEC...". Wacked 'em, something like 27-9, as I recall.
Now, the USC film school program is a gem, superb in every way and a great (not to mention "door-opening") experience, BUT:
To this day, I still enjoy seeing them lose. At anything. Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema